PDA

View Full Version : Help H2 Navigation

falcon
11-12-2004, 06:28 PM
I bought an H2 factory Navigation after installed it's display theftloc I called my dealer and they said it's can't be done. Can some one help me out please Thanks

falcon
I bought an H2 factory Navigation after installed it's display theftloc I called my dealer and they said it's can't be done. Can some one help me out please Thanks

falcon

Klaus
11-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Document ID# 1275527

Radio Setup With RPO UM8
Radio Theft Procedure

Complete the following procedure, using a scan tool, in order to properly set up communication:

1. At the Main Menu screen, select: Diagnostics.
2. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following options:
Model Year
LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
3. At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body
4. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:
Appropriate model
Appropriate Air Conditioning
Navigation Radio
5. At the Body Screen, select: Navigation Radio.
6. At the Radio screen, select: Special Functions.
7. At the Special Functions screen, select: VIN Relearn.
8. At the VIN Relearn screen, the scan tool will display "Do you want to clear radio theft information?"
9. To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display "Clearing Radio Theft in Progress."
10. Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.

Important

The radio theft will learn the VIN. Without learning the VIN, the radio will display a locked message (LOC or LOCKED).

intimidator
11-13-2004, 08:55 AM
to unlock the 2004 navigation radio in a 2003. the technician has to build the vehicle as a 2004 on the tech2. because if built as a 2003 there is no option for navigation radio in the tech2 software for 2003 because the nav radio wasn't available in 2003. hope this helps and yes it can be done because i did it myself.

falcon
11-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Does any body in Chicago can reset it for me? I have call me dealer and they can't do it. thanks

intimidator
11-15-2004, 09:10 PM
go to any gm dealer. if they won't do it. grab a technician and slip em 50 bucks.if ya want to drive to philly i'll do it.

Xotik H3
09-11-2010, 12:42 AM
This is a really old thread but a damn good one. I went today with the instruction to my dealer who siad it cannot be done.

They followed them step by step, and set my 03 as an 04 in the tech 2. It worked perfectly!! :dancingbanana:

I really enjoyed the look on the shop supervisors face when the radio came on after he told for 10 minutes why it would not work :raar: