PDA

View Full Version : AUX INPUT

aces full
10-25-2003, 03:32 AM
Has anyone solved the "missing" AUX INPUT problem for the OEM sound system? Still trying to find a way to hook up an IPOD without FM modulation.

'03 Black H2, fairly dressed up,
'03 Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Excursion,
'04 Red & Black Mini Cooper (on order),
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

aces full
10-25-2003, 03:32 AM
Has anyone solved the "missing" AUX INPUT problem for the OEM sound system? Still trying to find a way to hook up an IPOD without FM modulation.

'03 Black H2, fairly dressed up,
'03 Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Excursion,
'04 Red & Black Mini Cooper (on order),
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

Dreadnought
10-30-2003, 11:41 AM
I have an Archos AV380 80GB multimedia device I want to use in my H2 http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500569.html

Great piece of hardware!!!

This is a reply I got from Delphi (makers of both the Integrated stereo/six disc CD changer and the '04 nav-system) : "The AUX inputs are pre-defined by GM and not accessible by any aftermarket device. You cannot add anything to this system through auxiliary inputs that have not been pre-defined by GM. Our navigation systems are currently only available as factory-installed options on new cars. The nav system is not available to install as an aftermarket product or an upgrade."

Of course I knew this would be the answer, and I also know I'll probably have to resort to Pac :-| or FM-modulation :-(

What about using the sound input from the Onstar box? Here in Norway we cannot use Onstar anyway. If I only could figure out how to "activate / deactivate" the input on those input lines (prbly just a current on a 3rd connector). Any ideas?

Snowing here now! KEWL!

2slo4now
10-30-2003, 02:38 PM
nothing out there yet. The unit has been promised for a year and it is still not available. FM modulator is your only option at this time.

Dan from Alabama

Dreadnought
10-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Found something:

http://www.pie.net/sec12sb1d.htm

GM9-MFF
ONSTAR™ COMPATIBLE "Y" HARNESS

GM12-MFF
ONSTAR™ COMPATIBLE "Y" HARNESS

Now I only need to adapt to the GM audio unit plug. Anyone?

Dreadnought
10-31-2003, 11:19 AM
BTW: Is it the 9pin or 12pin I need? I removed the center console last december to look for AUX inputs (I could not _BELIEVE_ there was none; Aaargh - US products sometimes!), and I'm not gonna do that in vain again.