PDA

View Full Version : check engine light

FiremanJay
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
well i have a flowmaster exhaust on my 03 h2 and now the check engine light comes on. My mechanic tells me after checking it with the scanalizer that it is a catalitic converter issue. he reset it then 2 days later it came back on. the first time this happened it was the gas cap needed to be replaced of which i did. is there something i need to do for these sensors that are before and after the catalitic converter? im am looking for the K&N air filter will that help? what needs to be done? here in VA we have to get an emissions test every 2 years. is this going to be an ongoing problem?
any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jay

FiremanJay
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
well i have a flowmaster exhaust on my 03 h2 and now the check engine light comes on. My mechanic tells me after checking it with the scanalizer that it is a catalitic converter issue. he reset it then 2 days later it came back on. the first time this happened it was the gas cap needed to be replaced of which i did. is there something i need to do for these sensors that are before and after the catalitic converter? im am looking for the K&N air filter will that help? what needs to be done? here in VA we have to get an emissions test every 2 years. is this going to be an ongoing problem?
any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jay

Hummertech
10-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm assuming your exhaust is only from behind the converters back. If so, nothing you need to do, and you probably have a faulty cat converter, which is covered until 80K miles. Go to dealer and get it changed. If the installer removed the converters to install the exhaust, he may have forgotten to plug the o2's back in, but that would give an o2 code, not a converter code.

FiremanJay
10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks Hummertech i will make an appointment for that asap. will any damage be caused in the mean time?