PDA

View Full Version : I am getting the itch ...

Jason
02-06-2003, 01:43 PM
With all this off-road talk, the new car smell beginning to wear off, and the odometer approaching the ever important 500 miles, I am ready to hit the trails.

One problem: I am in south FL and know of zero trails. Heck, I think there is only about 4 mountain (I use this term loosely) biking trails in the area.

Anyone know of any spots?

Jason
02-06-2003, 01:43 PM
With all this off-road talk, the new car smell beginning to wear off, and the odometer approaching the ever important 500 miles, I am ready to hit the trails.

One problem: I am in south FL and know of zero trails. Heck, I think there is only about 4 mountain (I use this term loosely) biking trails in the area.

Anyone know of any spots?

Steve 2
02-06-2003, 02:25 PM
I heard of a spot on Belvedere Road in West Palm Beach adjacent to the turnpike. If you go I can meet you there anytime. I haven't been there yet but it is on my list of things to do and will check it out in the next week or so.

Big Z
02-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Unlucky!--The only hills I seen in Fl, were the causways! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.. Guess you will have to try the Beach, Boggs, and glades! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jason
02-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Steve,

That would be great!

Any idea of the terrain? I have little to no experience off roading, so an easy trail and some experienced cohorts are a must!

Gotta crawl before you can walk.

Jason

Big Z - actually there are a couple of hills larger than the overpass in south FL, but the smell there will kill you!

Steve 2
02-06-2003, 04:38 PM
I will check out the Belvedere Road site this weekend and let you know. I am in the same boat as you, a novice 4 wheeler but will be out west this June so I need the practice. By the way, do you know anyone looking for a 3rd. row seat? I will never use it and it takes up much needed storage space in the garage.

Jason
02-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Sounds good! I look forward to your report.

As far as the third row seat, use the "Classifieds" section of the forum, that is what it is there for. Obviously, there is no charge to post.

-Jason

brianfriend
02-17-2003, 01:33 PM
http://www.4x4trails.net/

For anyone looking for trails this is a good sight. Jason, I did a quick search for trails in florida and I didn't find any but check the sight out anyway. Maybe you will see something that I missed.

biran

If it can break it can be fixed.

Jason
02-17-2003, 02:04 PM
One of the disads of Southeast FL include the very flat terrain.

At 4x4trails.net, you could not even search for trails in FL. Thanks for the link, but it looks like I am going to have to continue my search.

Some of the local Hummer dealers may know of the spots, will have to contact them.

Jason

Steve 2
02-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Forget the Belvedere Road site.It is flat and it is for atv's and bikes. I will be checking with Ron about his meeting March 13th. in West Palm. I will be going and hopefully get some more info. By the way, I got a call from John at the dealership about the 3rd. seat and sold it for the $500 I paid.

Jason
02-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Steve,

That is too bad about Belevedere Road, although I kind of anticipated it.

Looks like we might have to start the H2 Club - SE FL and build our own trail. Got any extra land?

Jason

PS - Glad to hear about the seat!

Big Z
02-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Jason--Two Words==Road Trip!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve 2
02-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, how about a road trip? I have a tentative one to New Mexico, Utah and Arizona the end of May. Want to join us?

Jason
02-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Do I want to? Hell Yes!

Could I make it happen? That is the big question. Thanks for the invite, let me know your plans when they become less tentative.

Big Z, where are you? Could we road trip to your place and you can take us off roading?

Jason

Big Z
02-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Absolutely! Jason, I'm in Central Oregon, And can take you, onroad, offroad, in some of the finest country you ever set eyes on. Might even through in a Jet Sled ride. Sure won't have a problem finding hills and mountains, desert or dunes here. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Big Z
02-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Just a couple places I like.

DRTYFN
01-18-2008, 08:38 AM
:jump:

BKLYNH2
01-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Are you just trying to proliferate that Avatar throughout the site?

3Hummer
03-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Jason, check your inbox

mechguy
03-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Hi there, Im new here, sorry can't find the Introduction Area....I'm from NJ

timberwolf
03-19-2008, 03:01 AM
i know of a place but its in ft. myers and not sure wut condition its in , all it ever was really was a mud pit on the side of a lake, and the trails go along the high tension power lines comin from the power plant near it, ive heard of some laces in naples but never been there, and the place ive been is all private property so im not even sure if all the ppl that go out there are allowed lol but prety much everyone use to go there im gonna be checkin it out soon cuz i gotta test her out lol but i have a feelin itll be dry out there till the main rain season starts

i just made plans and ill be hittin it up this friday haha yah get to test the ole h1 out finally

Metallic Red
03-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Oh yeah what Exit! Just kidding;)

Welcome. Got any pics??:popcorn: