PDA

View Full Version : JBA Header price Vs any other

Fubar
01-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Question why are JBA Ceramic headers twice the price of any other header on the market? I mean I have the Edelbrock ceramics and am happy but I was looking around and there is a huge price difference between them and any other manufacture. Are you just paying for the name, there rep? Just wondering wouldn't change from what I have even if I had a chance too.

Fubar
Question why are JBA Ceramic headers twice the price of any other header on the market? I mean I have the Edelbrock ceramics and am happy but I was looking around and there is a huge price difference between them and any other manufacture. Are you just paying for the name, there rep? Just wondering wouldn't change from what I have even if I had a chance too.

Fubar

HGW
01-08-2005, 10:11 PM
The B & B headers are in the same price range as the JBA's. Borla and B&B (not sure on JBA) use 304 stainless steel and therefore last longer.

I know folks on here have had their Edelbrocks rust and fail after a short while. Hopefully that will not happen to you.

Search on headers on here--lots of info from past posts.

Fubar
01-09-2005, 05:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2mildandwild:
The B & B headers are in the same price range as the JBA's. Borla and B&B (not sure on JBA) use 304 stainless steel and therefore last longer.

I know folks on here have had their Edelbrocks rust and fail after a short while. Hopefully that will not happen to you.

Search on headers on here--lots of info from past posts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, no rust yet. I've had them for 6 months or about as long as I've had the rig. Living in the desert I am sure helps and I've not done any stream crossings. The air in Las Vegas is pretty dry so hopefully I will not experience any problems with rust. The JBA's do use stainless steel and offer ceramnic coatins. The diameter of there tubing seams to be the same size as many other manufactures, same coatings, same thickness of there flanges.

Thanks again for your feedback.

HGW
01-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I come to Vegas all the time. Maybe we can have a drink the next time I am in town. March 9-14 for the World of Outlaws and NASCAR.