PDA

View Full Version : Joining the team!

Dennis
11-22-2002, 02:54 AM
OK, I'm finally feeling like part of the team. Ordered my Hummer today. Dealer says 8-9 weeks and it should be here. Just in time for mud-season in Maine (referred to as "Spring" in the rest of the U.S.).
Drove a demo around today for a while before signing the papers. It's big! Might take just a bit of getting used to but I'll deal with it.
Thanks to all the for advice and commentary. It was really helpful sitting here on the sidelines and listening in.

-Dennis

Dennis
11-22-2002, 02:54 AM
OK, I'm finally feeling like part of the team. Ordered my Hummer today. Dealer says 8-9 weeks and it should be here. Just in time for mud-season in Maine (referred to as "Spring" in the rest of the U.S.).
Drove a demo around today for a while before signing the papers. It's big! Might take just a bit of getting used to but I'll deal with it.
Thanks to all the for advice and commentary. It was really helpful sitting here on the sidelines and listening in.

-Dennis

MAC
11-22-2002, 05:20 AM
Congratulation, you'll love it.

Everyone is part of the team, whether you have a Hummer or not, but one must love Hummer, that's the beauty of this forum. The Hummer Club site has all sort of rules. We are free to pile on any poor soul and kick him/her while they are down, I think that is not allowed there.

After 2 months, my Hummer is not big at all. Everyone in the family said so, even the 12 years old boy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Zing
11-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Congratulations Dennis. Hey, where is West Paris? One of the reasons I'm getting an H2 is that I took my first road trip up to Maine in September and had a blast. What a beautiful state. Did much offroading and can't wait to go back with the H2. I was up near Jackman then over to near Bar Harbor. Where do you off road?

(actually I was getting an H2 anyway)

Dennis
11-23-2002, 01:35 AM
West Paris is not quite as far up as Jackman. We're about 70 minutes north-west of Portland or 15 miles south of Sunday River Ski Area. Haven't really done much off-road except with my ATV. But, come mud season and many of the roads in the area will start to be a challange. Bar Harbor, great spot, been some years since I've been there. Camden area is worth a look also.
---Maine, the way life should be! :-)

SONA
11-23-2002, 02:27 AM
Awsome, and welcome.... It does take some getting use to. But as another post states, this aint you daddys hummer. And it aint nothing like you drove in Desert Storm.