PDA

View Full Version : For those that have lighted front cross bars...

OrangeCrush
01-21-2006, 09:37 AM
How far forward did you mount yours? I mounted it as far front as I could while still allowing the antenna to lay down.

Point is, it's about 6" past the front edge of the sunroof. I don't like having my sunroof open seeing that bar going across.

I didn't know how far ya'll moved yours forward. I would think if you moved it behind the sunroof, it would look stupid.???

Opinions?

Thanks,

Mark

OrangeCrush
01-21-2006, 09:37 AM
How far forward did you mount yours? I mounted it as far front as I could while still allowing the antenna to lay down.

Point is, it's about 6" past the front edge of the sunroof. I don't like having my sunroof open seeing that bar going across.

I didn't know how far ya'll moved yours forward. I would think if you moved it behind the sunroof, it would look stupid.???

Opinions?

Thanks,

Mark

MSeeb
01-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Mark: I moved mine as far forward as it would go.It sits right above my sunroof wind deflector. I am using the truss type roof racks which I think are a little longer than the stock one. I agree with you, it looked silly to me to have it right above the sunroof, thats why I moved it forward more.

OrangeCrush
01-21-2006, 08:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MSeeb:
Mark: I moved mine as far forward as it would go.It sits right above my sunroof wind deflector. I am using the truss type roof racks which I think are a little longer than the stock one. I agree with you, it looked silly to me to have it right above the sunroof, thats why I moved it forward more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks MSeeb, I moved it almost all the way forward today (just enough so it wasn't pushing on the antenna)

I looked at some pics this morning and realized why some of the light bars are angled...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mark

VTSTOMPER
01-21-2006, 09:09 PM
There sould be stoppers in the tracks...one says rack, other says acc.