PDA

View Full Version : boost power

tonka61
05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
how can we seriously get more power out of this engine. i see this cool air flow kit for the calorada engine lets solve the problem i really wish it had the I6 engine and i just wont purchase this h3 with out a solution cause all i here is it lacks power lets work on this .

tonka61
05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
how can we seriously get more power out of this engine. i see this cool air flow kit for the calorada engine lets solve the problem i really wish it had the I6 engine and i just wont purchase this h3 with out a solution cause all i here is it lacks power lets work on this .

tonka61
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
how can we seriously get more power out of this engine. i see this cool air flow kit for the calorada engine lets solve the problem i really wish it had the I6 engine and i just wont purchase this h3 with out a solution cause all i here is it lacks power lets work on this .just remeber to the canyon weight is about 3000lbs. and h3 is 4500 lbs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

timgco
05-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, it's only a matter of time before the super charges come out. I'm not sure if someone makes one for the Colorado or Canyon yet. But one of the colorado/ canyon boards would be a good place to start.
Adding exhaust/ air intakes/ programmers only do so much. Most of us have already found that out with the H2's. If you want a considerable HP gain, that's the way to go. I hope to have the SC on the H2 some time in July. As for the H3, we'll have to wait to see what comes out.

For those of you that have sontacts on the SC's for your H2's could you pleasee theck with them on th I5 engine. Thank you.
Tim.

TimJ
05-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Here is a link to a supercharger for the Canyon

http://www.rksport.com/product/p_10093850/view_detail

timgco
05-13-2005, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TimJ:
Here is a link to a supercharger for the Canyon

http://www.rksport.com/product/p_10093850/view_detail </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks. I'll have to call them and see if it will work with the H3 and if they have an intercooler kit for it.

firm
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
so do you install this yourself? How does it effect gas mileage? What exactly does this do? Thanks

HoKC
05-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Upcoming cat back exhaust from magnaflow

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=906

PARAGON
05-13-2005, 08:14 PM
http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/articleviewer.asp?pg=pht20050301rk&cccid=4&scccid=6

PARAGON
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
SMA has their site set up for H3 stuff when it comes available:

http://www.smahummer.com/store_h3.jsp

killian
05-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Here is a slightly edited version of a message that I got a while back from Rick at RK Sport.
It looks like he really as his act together over there.

Killian
We are trying Our best to design the kit to be as simple as can be to install. No welding and just clamps and hand tools. We hope to have the Colorado done in the next 2 to 3 weeks and I think it will be a very easy step to move to H3. They both are on the same chassis with the same engine etc. We will sell it as a kit to be installed in driveway or We can ship it to you and any mechanic You feel comfortable with should easily install it. We are really trying to develope so the buyer can install it Himself if he chooses. We are estimating and We will pin the install time down more later but, We think it should be able to be done in the driveway with help in 6 to 8 hours. Mechanic 4 to 6 hours. Mechanic with experience with H3 2 to 4 hours. I will add You to the list. We have a company lined up who will mandrel bend and do powder coat all tubing. Anyway We are very close on Colorado and may even have H3 by the time You get Yours. Our timing is My local Dealer letting us have access to a H3. They have been very helpful and said no problem.

We see no problem with Dealer as he is wanting us to get it done and He will sell kit and install or send them to Us to install after he sells kit to customer. This way if He sells it He can finance it in purchase price as well as install cost for buyer. My Dealer is very performance oriented and are excited for Us to get this done.

Thanks for letting Me know so much in advance. There are a many of You I think recognizes the need to get in this early on. We see already from the interest that We have We will need to double the size of Our brand new building. The sooner someone speaks up it will be first come first serve. Time frame to get one will be how many to build and How fast We can build them.
We are a HummerCustom.com shop but, are building the website right now. We also do tuners, motorcycle, trucks, You name it We will customize it. Our new facility has the lastest lifts and largest tire mount and balancing along with state of the art paint booth and computer mixing. We do sound and audio. We do custom carbon fiber builds. We hand make interior console's or what ever by hand with fiberglass like woofer boxes. You can check Our home sit at MotorSportsAuthority.com
Also cfibers.com and tunercustoms.com. then there is HummerCustoms.com all the sites will be redirected to the MotorSportsAuthority.com site. We have over 6000 items and have not added all the Hummer or truck stuff to it yet. The new site for MSA is being rebuilt to handle all the other hummer parts and kits. As well as make navigating easier.
We even polish crouch rocket frames to a chrome looking shine. This is a big deal right now with bikers.
We enter shows regularly to get a feel of what people want. Our Toyota Celica GT won toyota radical div. in Lawton OK 3 weeks ago. We are getting My H2 ready for a major show in mid May. Well just wanted to tell you a little about us. I can tell You this if We can not get it done right and at a reasonable price We will not do the kit. We do not want to rip people off like allot of the other companies do. Just make a living off many and not make it all off one guy. If We do that then I know bad news travels faster than good news if We are not honest and fair.
If You would like to see pics of Our most recent projects as well as new shop give Me an email i would be glad to send them. We are very pickey and pay close attention to detail. We are just getting near finishing with a drifter racer out of a Nissan 300 ZX. It belongs to the shop to race and advertisement
Rick TAZ

BUKHUM
07-07-2005, 09:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
Here is a slightly edited version of a message that I got a while back from Rick at RK Sport.

Killian
We are trying Our best to design the kit to be as simple as can be to install. No welding and just clamps and hand tools. We hope to have the Colorado done in the next 2 to 3 weeks and I think it will be a very easy step to move to H3. They both are on the same chassis with the same engine etc. We will sell it as a kit to be installed in driveway or We can ship it to you and any mechanic You feel comfortable with should easily install it. We are really trying to develope so the buyer can install it Himself if he chooses. We are estimating and We will pin the install time down more later but, We think it should be able to be done in the driveway with help in 6 to 8 hours. Mechanic 4 to 6 hours. Mechanic with experience with H3 2 to 4 hours. I will add You to the list. We have a company lined up who will mandrel bend and do powder coat all tubing. Anyway We are very close on Colorado and may even have H3 by the time You get Yours. Our timing is My local Dealer letting us have access to a H3. They have been very helpful and said no problem.
>>>>CLIP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Killian,

Thanks for the info on the SC. I am very interested in getting this done. Any updates you receive and can post will be very appreciated.

thanks,

BUKHUM

Rocky Mts
07-07-2005, 10:18 PM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">The lack of power is my only misgiving about the H3. It would be great if a fairly affordable solution became available soon.</span>

First Hummer
07-07-2005, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BUKHUM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:

Killian
>>>>CLIP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Killian,

Thanks for the info on the SC. I am very interested in getting this done. Any updates you receive and can post will be very appreciated.

thanks,

BUKHUM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am just wondering how much of HP gain from the SC can one expect and is worth $3k.

boulderhummer
07-08-2005, 12:31 AM
WHAT KIND OF HORSEPOWER GAIN ARE WE TALKING GUYS WITH A SUPERCHARGER MOD??
DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE IN THE 4K BALL PARK!!

wannabeH3
07-08-2005, 09:18 PM
prolly bump it up from 60-100 hp

First Hummer
07-09-2005, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
prolly bump it up from 60-100 hp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then MPG drop from 16/19 to 8/10?