PDA

View Full Version : DRL diameter size

Sportsdude
08-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I did a search on the forum but didn't have any success. My H2 is not here yet but should arrive in mid September. Anyone know the size of the DRL? Thanks

Sportsdude
08-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I did a search on the forum but didn't have any success. My H2 is not here yet but should arrive in mid September. Anyone know the size of the DRL? Thanks

Hum2
08-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Replaced mine with 03 Lincoln Navigator fog lights, great lighting, fairly easy install, then jumped the relays under the hood...now they run at night.

Ric

Hum2
08-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Size....a bit less than 5 inches.

Sportsdude
08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Thank you sir for the information. I'm curious if a 4 1/2" fog lights would be a direct fit.

PARAGON
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
Thank you sir for the information. I'm curious if a 4 1/2" fog lights would be a direct fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nothing is a really good direct fit. I would suggest getting the SMA metal valance and then putting some PIAAs or something in place of the DRLs since that new valance has much larger openings.

The stock openings are not only small but the DRL light buckets mount to the BACK of the hole. The hole is like a cupholder turned on it's side. You can dremel the hole and get anything probably up to 5" to fit in there and have them mount down to the stock metal bumper but the fit is not as good as going with the SMA metal valance.

BTW, I have Cibie Tango fogs in replace of my DRLs and chopped up my stock plastic valance to get them to work.

Sportsdude
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you Paragon. I will have to see it in person to really get an idea on the information members have provided. Your suggestions of replacing the valance sounds like an excellent idea.

NJ H2
08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hum2:
Replaced mine with 03 Lincoln Navigator fog lights, great lighting, fairly easy install
Ric </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/movingpics/cow.jpg

Sportsdude
09-01-2005, 11:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hum2:
Replaced mine with 03 Lincoln Navigator fog lights, great lighting, fairly easy install, then jumped the relays under the hood...now they run at night.

Ric </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you still have the stock number for the Lincoln lights? What type of bulb does it use?
Thank you.

Hum2
09-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Sportsdude:

Cut from previous posts:

The 03 Lincoln Navigator fog lamps are the way to go. They have a 45W, 9145 Bulb, and fit into out air dam with little effort (small rectangular cut-out for the fixture vertical adjustor, and 3 holes for the mounting bolts. I will hook them up to the existing DRL wiring initially, then maybe rewire/switch/relay eventually. Very simple install. When my second fixture is in I will post some pics. Cost is $70.37 plus tax Approx. $75 each fixture.

The fixture for the 03 Navigator was Part #
2L7Z-15200-AB.

The 9145 H10 bulb is based on the 9005/9006 platform. The connector/wiring pigtail (9005/9006 platform) I got from an auto salvage yard for $2

Ric

Steve R
09-10-2005, 01:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
I did a search on the forum but didn't have any success. My H2 is not here yet but should arrive in mid September. Anyone know the size of the DRL? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>