PDA

View Full Version : Warn winch bumper and Warn light bar

PARAGON
10-25-2004, 06:30 PM
So, I have done a few things to my truck recently and a couple of those were adding the new Warn light bar with some Piaa 520SMRs. I then ordered the Warn winch bumper and realized that Warn says the two were incompatible. This is because, in stock configuration when opening the hood, the light bar will hit the top of the winch bumper before slack is taken out of the hood straps.

Several others were going to do the same setup and I said that I thought I had a fix for it. Sorry guys, it just has been a high priority. This past weekend I scrounged up some scrap angle iron at the ranch and "fabricated" something that I had hoped would do the trick. The pic below shows that the spring at the top of the strap is replaced with the angle iron with 2 holes drilled in it. It's not very pretty since I didn't take my time to do it right but it works. I might even go ahead and paint these 2 pieces up and use them for now.

Here is the first pic:

PARAGON
So, I have done a few things to my truck recently and a couple of those were adding the new Warn light bar with some Piaa 520SMRs. I then ordered the Warn winch bumper and realized that Warn says the two were incompatible. This is because, in stock configuration when opening the hood, the light bar will hit the top of the winch bumper before slack is taken out of the hood straps.

Several others were going to do the same setup and I said that I thought I had a fix for it. Sorry guys, it just has been a high priority. This past weekend I scrounged up some scrap angle iron at the ranch and "fabricated" something that I had hoped would do the trick. The pic below shows that the spring at the top of the strap is replaced with the angle iron with 2 holes drilled in it. It's not very pretty since I didn't take my time to do it right but it works. I might even go ahead and paint these 2 pieces up and use them for now.

Here is the first pic:

PARAGON

Here is the first pic:

PARAGON
10-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Another pic of it:

PARAGON
10-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Results....just enough clearance not to hit:

Patriot
11-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Paragon,

Here are the brackets I had made. My cables were apprently a bit longer than yours so I had to bring them up a bit further. Also, my cables were not the same length, so I had to add a shim washer to make sure the weight of the hood was shared by both brackets. I also had to hack-saw off the little spring tabs...no biggie.

I have an extra set if you'd be interested.

Patriot
11-07-2004, 08:22 PM

Patriot
11-07-2004, 08:24 PM

Patriot
11-07-2004, 08:25 PM

PARAGON
11-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Cool, yours look way better than my "homemade" ones. I also have one cable slightly longer than the other and tried to make up the difference with my hole placement, but it didn't work.

I had lost one of the pins several months ago and had the dealer order one and have yet to pick it up. I plan on picking it up this week and then redoing mine, again.

Thanks for the offer, though. I believe a couple of others were going to do the same thing and were waiting to see what we came up with, I'll bet they would be ecstatic to get them.

Fever
11-09-2004, 12:20 AM
You need to sell that to Warn!

tower
04-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Thank you Paragon and Patriot. Very sweet mods. Damn you guys are good! Without the illusive prop-rod, any concerns of premature closure in a mild wind ?