PDA

View Full Version : OFFROAD LIGHTS

OLE YLLR
11-19-2002, 03:26 PM
ANY ADVICE ON WHAT LIGHTS TO PUT ON MY FRONT BRUSH GUARD? SEEMS I REMEMBER SOMEONE SAYING THAT THE FACTORY ONES WERE'NT THAT GREAT.

OLE YLLR
11-19-2002, 03:26 PM
ANY ADVICE ON WHAT LIGHTS TO PUT ON MY FRONT BRUSH GUARD? SEEMS I REMEMBER SOMEONE SAYING THAT THE FACTORY ONES WERE'NT THAT GREAT.

SJ
11-19-2002, 06:17 PM
I've stuck with Explorer ProComp and Hella for all my lighting needs in the past.

If you want powerful projection beams, then the Explorer ProComp 130W are hard to beat.

For fog lights, the Hella and PIAA offerings are good.

Check the Site Vendor [H2 Accessories Link] to see what they carry.

OLE YLLR
11-20-2002, 02:27 AM
HEY THANKS FOR THE INFO. I'VE GO SOME HELLA 290 JUMBOS THAT I THINK WILL FIT IN THE BRUSH GUARD.

MAC
11-20-2002, 02:46 AM
See GRILL LIGHT KIT.

I have tried to adjust the direction/aim of these 2 grill lamps many times, have not found the right angle. I am aiming down for 4 lights night driving on pitch dark empty mountain roads, not up high. Turn on and I see a bit more bright spots, but no meaningful improvement, high beam is more effective, especially for zig-zag turns and deers which are MANY. I can flip high beam off easily, but grill lights button is on the roof, not as fast & easy. If a car suddenly shows up, I have to be fast on the draw to shut them down. Moving right hand to the roof switch is not a safe/smart thing to do.

I don't know what they are originally intended to be used off road. can anyone enlighten me?

Offrdhummer05
11-20-2002, 05:49 PM
MAC....i have my switch just off to the left of the steering wheel on the dash it's very convienient there....I also have the sunroof...so there's no center console up there to mount a switch.
Take care,
-KJ

www.greatlakeshummer.com (http://www.greatlakeshummer.com)

MAC
11-20-2002, 10:23 PM
Any one knows how these "off-road" lamps are supposed to be used? what are the original intentions? I doubt anyone would do the mud bath, cross river or climb rocks in the night by using these lamps. Sand storm? fog?

Big Z
11-21-2002, 01:40 AM
I've had brush guards on all my rigs. Hella fog & drivers on all. As far as the light bar lights, 24hr rallys, search & rescue, out on the trails after dark, and probably because they look pretty good. I've seen very few rigs install the lights correctly, most all are for show,( uniformly pointed straight ahead). /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MAC
11-21-2002, 03:02 AM
These lights came with the Hummer. Dealer was willing to take them off and give me $500, they had people waiting in line for these lights, same goes for the tube steps, sounded like a lot of parts shortage. I am just trying to get some use out of them since I got them blocking the "H" & "R" on my grill, making me look like some kind of UMME. Thought maybe there is some wonderful and magical use for them off-road that I did not know already. Pointing them straight out could be more effective, but not socially responsible and rude.

Big Z
11-21-2002, 03:30 AM
Thought you were talking about the roof mounted light bar Mac. My only choice for the brush guard are the fog lights, On or Off road there a must have! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif