PDA

View Full Version : Just Installed Hypertech III

Centerfire
11-16-2003, 08:21 PM
I just completed the install on the Hypertech II that has been sitting in my barn for a week and a half...
Not sure if it is really any faster..
I added Hyper tuning,93 octane gas ( although I have 89 octane in there now and it does not knock) shift firmness, and moved the shift points for 1st to 2nd up 2 mph , 2nd to 3rd up 6mph and left 3rd to 4th alone.

When tank goes dry I will add 93 octane is if that adds anything.. I do not think I notced much imporvement until I opted for the firmer shifts. It may be a little fast in 2nd to 3rd.. it seems so since it takes longer to shift into 3rd.. Just can't be sure.. Be shoot I've pissed away more for less.

THe unit gave me the option of changing the rev limiter.. Does anyone know what the factory rev limits are set at?

Well got the Air-raid system now the Hypertech.. Just need to decide which exhaust Corsi or Borla..

I went the same way with my Suburban and finally ended up with a VOrtec SC in it.. I know I will never go that way again.

Mike

Centerfire
11-16-2003, 08:21 PM
I just completed the install on the Hypertech II that has been sitting in my barn for a week and a half...
Not sure if it is really any faster..
I added Hyper tuning,93 octane gas ( although I have 89 octane in there now and it does not knock) shift firmness, and moved the shift points for 1st to 2nd up 2 mph , 2nd to 3rd up 6mph and left 3rd to 4th alone.

When tank goes dry I will add 93 octane is if that adds anything.. I do not think I notced much imporvement until I opted for the firmer shifts. It may be a little fast in 2nd to 3rd.. it seems so since it takes longer to shift into 3rd.. Just can't be sure.. Be shoot I've pissed away more for less.

THe unit gave me the option of changing the rev limiter.. Does anyone know what the factory rev limits are set at?

Well got the Air-raid system now the Hypertech.. Just need to decide which exhaust Corsi or Borla..

I went the same way with my Suburban and finally ended up with a VOrtec SC in it.. I know I will never go that way again.

Mike

Centerfire
11-16-2003, 10:40 PM
I just got back from the 8 mile one trip to the grocery,, I programed back to stock before going to Store and then reprogramed out in parking lot.. There is definately (sp) difference ..

Mike

KenP
11-17-2003, 02:38 AM
Come on Mike. Get your rear in gear and drive the hour or so to LPE in Decatur and get it done right! Hell, I drove twelve! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Black Lingenfelter Lux

Centerfire
11-17-2003, 07:52 PM
I just can't bring myself to do it.. Besides My spare $$ is going into rebuilding my barn that got into a fight with a fire and lost.

But I agree.. all the other stuff is a waste of $$$.. I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

Mike

Nitrobooger
11-30-2003, 12:28 AM
I installed my Hypertech III and Air force one cold air intake, and I have noticed a difference of at least a mile or two better in fuel economy. Mine is set a 87 octane. Still trying to decide on which exhaust sytem to go with too.

Centerfire
11-30-2003, 04:08 AM
I have mine set for 93 octane.. Truthfully can not tell difference when it has 87 or 93 octane in it.. I have better peformance due to the shift point changes ( I think).. I'm in the same point as you.. can't decide on exhaust..
I have not put enough miles on it to tell. I was averaging 10.3 even after adding the Gobi roof rack and lights.. Time will tell of course I really don't care about fuel mileage.

Mike
Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitrobooger:
I installed my Hypertech III and Air force one cold air intake, and I have noticed a difference of at least a mile or two better in fuel economy. Mine is set a 87 octane. Still trying to decide on which exhaust sytem to go with too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Centerfire
12-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Mileage after 400 miles with addtions of Hypertech III and the gobi roof rake with lights. The mileage average is down to 9.6 mpg.. Still bets my suburban.. Still have trying to decide on which exhaust.

Mike

cmb31078
12-01-2003, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
Mileage after 400 miles with addtions of Hypertech III and the gobi roof rake with lights. The mileage average is down to 9.6 mpg.. Still bets my suburban.. Still have trying to decide on which exhaust.

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike what is a roof rake? I was just wondering might be interested in one if the look neat. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

H2Stealth
12-02-2003, 03:00 AM
I have also recently installed this programmer and can say that I am happy with the results. Have done extensive research and was always uncertain to aftermarket flash programmers due to stories of older model vehicle ECU's relearning over time. Added Hyper Tuning, 93 Octane Fuel, Shift Firmness, and Larger Tires. I too would like to change the rev limiter but am unsure of the factory limits. I would also like to move the shift points but with 44" tires I am not sure if this would be benefitial. Suggestions? Advice?

03 Black with Nology Ignition products, K.I.T. carbon-fiber fender trim / hood scoop with handles / hood side tower caps / rear louvers / engine cover, 14 inch BulletProof Suspension powdercoated black installed by CTL MOTORSPORTS, Fox Racing Shhox, 44inch Truxus STS with 17x14 Weld Racing Wheels, Snyper brakes, Custom black bi-xenon projector headlights, Kodiak fold down steps, black grill, Pro-Fit custom black LVE fuel door, Benevento carbon-fiber dash kit, Husky Liners floor mats, MOMO shift knob / pedals, HITCHCAM rear camera, Royal Purple fluids, Cleargearz clear differential cover, Airaid intake / filter, Borla exhaust / headers, Optima Battery.

Centerfire
12-02-2003, 06:08 PM
RE:Roof Rake.. It is a hangin rite next to my roof shovel and axe thang.. Hell if I had spell check I wouldn't have these problems.

RE: Shift points.. I have stock height tires .. I tryed different shift points.. go fly down the road to check them and pull back in drive to adjust another point until I found one that works.. As you know from playing with the unit it is easy to change back and forth. I live inthe country so I can get up to top speed right out of the drive way.

Mike