PDA

View Full Version : 750 HP and over 19 MPG !!!!!

BreathlessPerformance.com
01-29-2003, 03:17 PM
We just finished installing our Titan 410 ci supercharged engine and did some testing.

0-60 4.50
< mile 12.80 at 118 MPH
21 MPG at 50 MPH
19 MPG at 55 MPH

We are looking doing some more programming to dip into the low 12s

Horsepower is up to 750 HP

Thank you, Ernie
Breathless Performance Products

Check our website for more details.

01-29-2003, 03:17 PM
We just finished installing our Titan 410 ci supercharged engine and did some testing.

0-60 4.50
< mile 12.80 at 118 MPH
21 MPG at 50 MPH
19 MPG at 55 MPH

We are looking doing some more programming to dip into the low 12s

Horsepower is up to 750 HP

Thank you, Ernie
Breathless Performance Products

Check our website for more details.

Gray
01-29-2003, 08:21 PM
how much does it cost

Gray

01-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Thank you for the compliments. We did this project because a lot of people said it couldn’t be done. To tell you the truth, it was fun and I actually prefer driving the H2 over the vette. We will be getting some video shots at our Vette, Viper, Impala & F-Body shootout event we are holding next Sunday. By the way we will run next to the vettes just to see how she does and watch there faces. Someone said sleeper....your right. Other than a small badge on the side her you would never be able to tell. Hope some of you can make it out for our race event, which by the way is for a charity and having some fun. It will be at Bradenton Motorsports Park Feb 9th. Please check our site for more details.

Someone asked for cost and time. Cost is about 25,000 and time is usually about 2 weeks.

As for the mileage we held it steady at 50, 55 & 70 for several miles each to get the results.

50 about 20-21
55 about 19-20
70 about 17-18

The fuel mileage is the bonus of having a vette killer 12s Sleeper 750 Hp H2
By the way stock C5s run 13.30 to 13.80
Z06 12.50 to 13.00 all depending on the drivers.

Thank you again for all the complements and hope some of you can drop by for a test run.

Thank you, Ernie

DRTYFN
01-31-2003, 02:37 AM
YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP!!!!

"I smell varmint poontang."

01-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Come on out and we will prove it...

Feb 9th or anytime at our shop.

Thank you, Ernie

Vaka Humm
02-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Drtyfn, They are not "full of crap" they can back-up thier claims where it counts, on the strip and on the dyno. I use some of thier products on my Vette and have been well satisfied. I'll be at Bradenton and will try to post photos and results.

02-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Thank you.

Ernie

HMSH2
02-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Sounds great Ernie! Can't wait to see some video. I was looking at your Stage 2B package and wondering if the shorties could be replaced with the long tubes. In addition, how is the computer tuning done?

Thanks.

Hood Motorsports

- 1967 427 L71 Corvette (99%+ Bloomington Gold Certified, restored to original)
- 1998 Lingenfelter 383 C5 (over 500hp and 11's in the 1/4 mile)
- 2001 GMC Yukon Denali (22" wheels and tires, extensive multimedia system, and performance mods)
- 2002 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's/Mom's ride)
- 2003 H2 (waiting to mod)

02-04-2003, 04:29 PM
They are a different price for the long tubes. I would not recommend using them due to the fact that you will gain much more torque with the shorties. Being a heavy truck you need more bottom end unless you are building a 427 stroker engine.

For computer tuning you would send the computer to us and we would program it for you.

Thank you, Ernie
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DRTYFN
02-08-2003, 12:43 AM
You are really shameless, aren't you? You started out making outrageous claims about HP and MPG gains using your air-intake and exhaust system. Have you ever provided any testing data showing base vs. upgrade gains? Any customer testimonials? NO!! I've made some calls to some well know engine builders and every one of them thinks you're full of BS. 750 HP and 19 MPG!!! From a nearly 7000lbs rig? Please!!! And what about reliability and durability? The first time someone stomps the throttle on that thing it's gonna spit tranny parts and twist driveshafts.

HMSH2
02-08-2003, 03:17 AM
Curious DRTYFN, what do you have against Ernie and/or Breathless? You are spouting off regarding facts you know nothing about. I can honestly say I don't know Ernie and have never had any kind of experience with Breathless, but I will not go on this forum and bash his claims without proof. Spending a lot of time on the Corvette Forum, I do know his products and services are well respected in the Y-Body world. I would suspect the same type of quality and craftsmanship with the H2 until proven otherwise. Why don't you give him a chance and see how things progress before jumping to conclusions?

Ernie - I am looking forward to your H2 results!

Hood Motorsports

- 1967 427 L71 Corvette (99%+ Bloomington Gold Certified, restored to original)
- 1998 Lingenfelter 383 C5 (over 500hp and 11's in the 1/4 mile)
- 2001 GMC Yukon Denali (22" wheels and tires, extensive multimedia system, and performance mods)
- 2002 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's/Mom's ride)
- 2003 H2 (waiting to mod)

DRTYFN
02-09-2003, 02:08 AM
Actually I do know something about this. After being around the specialty engine market for awhile I think I know when I hear someone making outlandish claims.
"Spending a lot of time on the Corvette Forum, I do know his products and services are well respected in the Y-Body world." KEY PHRASE. Not yet applicable to H2's. Let's wait and see. I'll bet I'm right.
And I don't have anything against breathless other than they haven't been completely honest with every question. And not just me either.

02-17-2003, 02:25 PM
We have always been staight up on our products. We have even opened our doors to those who would want to come over and take her for a test drive. 750 Hp from a stroker 410ci supercharged is no problem, actually most of our customers cars with that same package are in the 850 to 900HP range. Lets make a deal, we will pay for your ticket down here to see it in person and if we are right and she is that powerfull you will refund our money. If it is not then you got a free trip. You have nothing to worry about unless you are wrong...

By the way we will be in Sebring next weekend racing our pro SPO Corvette twin turbo 410ci 1000 Hp car if anyone would like to come and watch.

Quote ( After being around the specialty engine market for awhile I think I know when I hear someone making outlandish claims. )
I take this personal, you need to catch up with the times.
You must be from the old school. There are several companies like Lingenfelter and us who have built big ci fuel injected turbo or supercharged engines with over 800 for street cars. As I said before we support several teams of both SCCA road racing and NHRA drag racing. That is our background.

We do not sit back and just design products, we actually test them on the track and push them till they break, that is how we find the limit.

Again:
Our doors are always open for those who would like to come by and see our specialty cars and products.

Thank you, Ernie

H2 Bill
02-17-2003, 04:52 PM
I have purchased products from Breathless for both my Corvette and my H2 and they have always been of the finest quality with great service. If you don't believe Ernie you should take him up on his offer! You couldn't ask for anything more than that!! Sounds liked someone has a persona vendetta.....

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

Hummer H2
02-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Ernie, Did you run the H2 at the dragstrip last week. If so, what kind of times did you run? Thanks

02-18-2003, 11:37 AM
First I would like to thank Vaka Humm for coming to the race to see the event. We had planned to run both the H2 and our racing Karts during the lunch break between the Heads up and Bracket race. We had been fighting the rain gods all day long. They gave us a break to run only half of the race. At lunch the rain hit and never stopped. We plan on going to Moroso in the next 2 weeks to do another test run.

Thank you, Ernie