PDA

View Full Version : retractable running boards

CONRAD II
04-04-2006, 01:29 PM
anybody know who is the most reliable manufacturer of retractable running boards. I took the nerf bars off my sut because I like the look better without them.

KenP
04-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Quite a few have the AMP Research boards.

aggiehummer...er
04-04-2006, 02:40 PM
AMP has worked well for us. Relatively easy install too.

HummBob
04-04-2006, 03:45 PM
AMP Research http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CONRAD II
04-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Can anyone tell me how involved the install is on the amp boards. I just received mine in the mail and am wondering if they are a task I should take on myself?

HGW
04-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Be careful. The last AMP steps I put on had instructions that were wrong WRT to the wiring.

It was a pain in the ass to get it right--after a call to AMP, it was easy.

Rockyot
04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
have the amp research retractables and it was a simple install following the provided instructions. i love them and my wife thanks me all the time for installing.

emeldahay
05-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Im thinking of getting the AMP step.

Got a couple questions...

is it definately quick enough on the draw - ie do you find yourself hesitating when getting out or do you trust it to be extended in time?

Theres no chance of this looking like a aid for a handicapped individual? - ie will it look like its fitted to help your aged mother-in-law in and out the vehicle?

Does it make much noise or is it pretty silent?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

HummBob
05-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Im thinking of getting the AMP step.

Got a couple questions...

1)is it definately quick enough on the draw - ie do you find yourself hesitating when getting out or do you trust it to be extended in time?

2)Theres no chance of this looking like a aid for a handicapped individual? - ie will it look like its fitted to help your aged mother-in-law in and out the vehicle?

3)Does it make much noise or is it pretty silent?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

1) It opens FAST. No need to hesitate getting out:cool:
2) The opposite is true. Everyone who see's them working marvels how AWESOME they are:cool:
3) A little WD-40 every now and then and they are SUPER QUIET:cool:

emeldahay
06-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Cheers Humbob - I just saw some pics of yours with the DUBS - looks good without the board. i think this has sold it for me....

HummBob
06-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Cheers Humbob - I just saw some pics of yours with the DUBS - looks good without the board. i think this has sold it for me....

You won't be disappointed. I've had them for almost 2 years and love them!!:cool: