PDA

View Full Version : The first two days

CJ
11-11-2002, 01:48 AM
I Picked up the h2 friday night. Drove it off the lot about 7pm. Had it in the desert in southern Ca. Saturday at 11am. Here are the HI and LOW lites.
It was blowin about 30 to 40 MPH. Tons of sand in the air. Ran great, great throttle modulation, recirculating air was CLEAN. Too windy to get out and air down so I found the forward movement limit in the steep sand. I am not sure if I like the lack of a rear locking option above 4-lo. Strange to have people ask me if they could take pictures of it. Everone stopped what they were doing to watch the H2, like a tee shirt contest on the boardwalk. Tubular assists took some hits, when rock crawling, as expected. I will have to adjust the headlights up a bit. Low beam does not go out past 100 feet or so. Thought it may have been "just me" so I left the Hi-beams on for awhile and never got flashed once. Rain out to the desert and back... no leaks. Here is the biggy... after the trip noticed the driver door had slipped, probably the hinge mount.It is hanging up/contacting very slightly on the forward cowling. I have already spoken with the dealer and intend to post the resolution /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif. Spent today putting it back to car lot clean. Tomorrow I start commuting with it . Its plush amenities will make the drive easy but hard to stop at the office with so much adventure ahead. It is "all good". /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MarineHawk
04-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CJ:
Tubular assists took some hits, when rock crawling, as expected.
Really?

If you were "rock crawling" you would have ripped them off http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly me, I take them (U steps in my case) off when I leave the pavement. If you leave them on, just consider them disposable secondary rocker panels.