PDA

View Full Version : Grill Light Kit

Bill Kervaski
11-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey guys ... I've seen some pictures of Off Road Lights on the Grill Guard. Is this a stock H2 option? I haven't found it on the HUMMER website. Also, are the wires hidden? What's the cost? Any consumer reviews on the lights?

- Bill

Bill Kervaski
11-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey guys ... I've seen some pictures of Off Road Lights on the Grill Guard. Is this a stock H2 option? I haven't found it on the HUMMER website. Also, are the wires hidden? What's the cost? Any consumer reviews on the lights?

- Bill

Vaka Humm
11-17-2002, 07:26 PM
Bill, I bought mine when I picked the Hummer up from the dealer on Friday. I went to the parts department and paid $296. It looks like a fairly straight forward install, I'll post how I made out when I return from vacation.

MAC
11-17-2002, 07:30 PM
My offroad lights and grill guard came with H2 adventure pack. Look nice but no use, I turn them on now & then on dark and twisty mountain roads, but they don't add much light and not useful at all. The wires are connected into the chrome grill slots. The hard part for aftermarket will be to wire the switch thru the roof. My switch in on driver side of roof console, nicely built in next to right side of my head, not easy to reach. They are Hummer fcty options, eBay sells them $240?+-.

If you like the look and do it for look, then put on the light but no wire, put in fake switch inside, pretend you switch on/off now & then. you won't notice any difference.

Another more important note to consider before you do it. My Hummer Hog is an UMME, not an Hummer. Because the offroad lights blocked the letters "H" & "R". If you like to be an UMME, go ahead.

Bill Kervaski
11-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys! That's what I needed to know. I'll skip the lights. Rather have the HUMMER shine through. ;^)

- Bill