PDA

View Full Version : Ram Air Induction Towers

barbender
10-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Has Anybody purchased these? Ram Air Induction Towers from Breathless Performance? I think they look really cool (no pun intended) and they can make the Faux Air Intakes functional according to Breathless. I've got a yellow Lux but I'm thinking of getting Black Towers for contrast.

barbender
10-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Has Anybody purchased these? Ram Air Induction Towers from Breathless Performance? I think they look really cool (no pun intended) and they can make the Faux Air Intakes functional according to Breathless. I've got a yellow Lux but I'm thinking of getting Black Towers for contrast.

barbender
10-18-2003, 12:19 PM
On second thought, if I get Black, my wife will notice the "new hummer toy" maybe I should just stick with yellow.

Grim_Smoker
10-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I've the the Breathless Stage 2b kit. The towers came with the kit, and they come with a stencile. You simply pop your old towers off (they pull right off) and put these ones on. However, if you want them "functional", BPP sends you a cardboard stencile that you place in the middle of where the tower goes, outline, then cut out. Now it'll send some air into your engine bay. I didn't bother making mine functional, it won't make a huge difference, and just lets more water get in there. I wouldn't have bought them seperately either, they just came with the package so why not just toss em' on. They do look good though. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

WHITE BEAST
10-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Love mine!

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav/DVD, 3 Screens, Cold Air, Metal Dash/Mats/Steering Wheel, All SMA Chromes, Signal Mirror, Corsa Exhaust, JBA Headers, Nology Plugs & Wires.

H2 Bill
10-20-2003, 04:10 PM
I bought them and made them functional hoping that I would get more cool air for my Whipple. The size of the holes that you cut make me skeptical as to how efficient they are.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com (http://www.4swimwear.com)

Centerfire
10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
What exactly do you need to cut and how big is the hole.. Still a little nervious to cut on the H2.. My old suburban is anouther matter.

Mike

Bad Dawg
10-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Why couldn't a person cut their own stock "towers", epoxy on a nice stainless screen, locate the spot to cut for the functional air intake, save a whole lot of money, and not have any left over parts?

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

H2 Bill
10-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Bad Dawg, you could cut your own but I certainly don't have the talent to cut them evenly and finish them as nicely as these are.
Centerfire, I did mine with a Dremel. You have to cut through the composite and the metal underneath it. It is an L shape hole of just a few square inches.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.

Centerfire
10-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Thank you.. perhaps I will work up the ----- to try it.

Mike

H2 Bill
10-20-2003, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
Thank you.. perhaps I will work up the ----- to try it.

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do it, use a sawzall it will make it 100% easier than the Dremel.

Centerfire
10-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Oh God and sawsall and an H2.. now that really scares the hell out of me.. This may take some time and perhaps therapy.

Mike

barbender
10-21-2003, 09:18 PM
What do you guys think of black towers on a yellow Lux?

WHITE BEAST
10-22-2003, 01:41 AM
Nah, stick to your truck color....why mess with other colors?

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav/DVD, 3 Screens, Cold Air, Metal Dash/Mats/Steering Wheel, All SMA Chromes, Signal Mirror, Corsa Exhaust, JBA Headers, Nology Plugs & Wires.

rpflex
10-22-2003, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barbender:
What do you guys think of black towers on a yellow Lux?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it would look cool - after all, you have black trim, bumpers, tires, etc. Go for it!

2003 Yellow H2
2002 Millenium Yellow/Black ZO6 Corvette
Valentine 1, CAGS defeat, Donaldson, Mallet shifter, LG Pro long tube headers / no cats, G2 LS1 Superwires, Hypertech thermostat, G2 custom carbon fiber airbridge, LS1 edit

Grim_Smoker
10-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I agree, black on yellow would look neat, like a bee! I thought about doing the black towers on my Orange, but stuck with the orange. Go for it, couldn't be too bad.

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

3D Guy
10-22-2003, 04:34 PM
A little Photoshop work.

I would keep it yellow http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://www.digitalight.ws/h2photos/yellowblack.jpg

.................................................. ........
That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong......... NOT!!

3D Guy A.K.A. Brian Mundy

03, H2 Yellow, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, 3rd Row. Brush Gaurd and 30gb iPod

H2 Bill
10-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Heh man you screwed up my H2!

barbender
10-22-2003, 09:13 PM
3D, thanks for the modified Pic. Here's a side by side...

H2 Bill
10-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Now you've really gone and done it......it's going to cost me a fortune to have it fixed now...