PDA

View Full Version : DVD Systems

JohnnyRPM
03-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I've been searching the archives for weeks now trying to decide on a DVD head unit and have had a hard time coming up with a winner.

I like the 7" monitors versus the 6.5s. I don't mind the flip ups and actually prefer them for the screen size versus the double DIN in dash monitors.

I've sort of narrowed it down to the Kenwood KVT-815 and the Alpine IVA-D900. People rave about the Kenwood unit but the Alpine seems to have an edge in video with 1.15 million pixels versus Kenwood's 336,960.

Anyone have anything to say about one versus the other? Anyone have another opinion on another unit that might meet my needs better? I'm not so worried about price as I am about video and audio performance.

JohnnyRPM
I've been searching the archives for weeks now trying to decide on a DVD head unit and have had a hard time coming up with a winner.

I like the 7" monitors versus the 6.5s. I don't mind the flip ups and actually prefer them for the screen size versus the double DIN in dash monitors.

I've sort of narrowed it down to the Kenwood KVT-815 and the Alpine IVA-D900. People rave about the Kenwood unit but the Alpine seems to have an edge in video with 1.15 million pixels versus Kenwood's 336,960.

Anyone have anything to say about one versus the other? Anyone have another opinion on another unit that might meet my needs better? I'm not so worried about price as I am about video and audio performance.

JohnnyRPM

RIC-H0
03-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Check out the 7" visualogic System. It's not a bad deal for the price. With the money you save, you can get you a playstation or X-Box installed and still come out ahead.
Check out the Sony Mobile DVD players...I really like mine. I placed the remote reciever just below the rear wiper controls, so I have total control over the system.

Ric-H2

George
03-30-2004, 01:14 AM
Go with Pioneer I got one, there great unit's!!!

AVH-6500DVD and AVH-7500DVD are great unit's

TBarrow
03-30-2004, 01:56 AM
Alpine 7996 head unit with built in DVD to power rear monitors.