PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Beam Indicator Tooooo Bright!

JMVH2
01-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Has any one find that the Hi-Beam pilot indicator on the instrument panel is toooo Bright? Please let me know and what you have done.

Thanks http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

JMVH2
01-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Has any one find that the Hi-Beam pilot indicator on the instrument panel is toooo Bright? Please let me know and what you have done.

Thanks http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Zing
01-30-2004, 12:39 AM
I have heard people complain about this but it doesn't bother me. Could this be something they adjusted in the 2004 (what I have)?

oma
01-30-2004, 01:49 AM
Yes, this has been discussed in the last 3 months. Try a search. My dealer offered to put a piece of electrical tape over it, but on the outside of the dash window. I agree it is way too bright.

RIC-H0
01-30-2004, 02:51 AM
Someone had previously suggested to place a piece of tint over the area of the high beam indicator. I suggets just not using your factory high beams, and blast the night away with 6 hummer off road lights!
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ric-H2

KenP
01-30-2004, 02:54 AM
Use a very light piece of window tint. That is enough to take the bright edge off of it.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

1BADH2
01-30-2004, 01:17 PM
I agree its to bright but it is this way to remind you that they are on.

Fistville
01-31-2004, 04:55 PM
Yeah seriously, it dosent bother me at all. It's suppoused to be brigh so you dont leave them on. Hummer is part of tough guy image, so, tough it out.

MAC
01-31-2004, 06:31 PM
It does not bother me at all, not once in 24000 miles, in fact I forget it is on, have to glance down to check. IMHO, it is not too bright, just right.

Jigga
02-01-2004, 02:15 AM
is there a way to change out that bulb/ adjust power it revieves, etc. I know there are some technical minds on this forum. There must be a way.

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package, 20% tinted front windows, Husky floor liners, K&N aircharger filter kit, 3 screen DVD and Playstation 2 system, Warn 9000lb. winch, Soon to come: 37" MT/R's, XM, GOBI rack w/ lights.

Klaus
02-04-2004, 03:31 AM
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Service Information</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<form name='topNavForm' action='/servlets/CellHandler'>
<table width='100%' align='CENTER'>
<tr>
<td width='25%' slign='LEFT'>
<input type='BUTTON' name='back' value='<- Back' onclick='java_script: history.back[);'><input type='BUTTON' name='forward' value='Forward ->' onclick='JavaScript: history.forward();'>
</td>
<td width='50%' align='CENTER'>

Document ID# 1332708

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - 4WD

</td>
<td width='25%' align='RIGHT'>
<input type='BUTTON' name='print' value='Print' onclick='java_script: window.print[);'>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<HR>
</FORM>
<H1>IP Cluster High Beam Indicator Too Bright (Reprogram IPC) #03-08-49-006 - (05/15/2003)</H1>
IP Cluster High Beam Indicator too Bright (Reprogram IPC)

2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT</P>

Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe</P>

2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL</P>

<A NAME="ss1-1332708">
<A HREF="#ss1-1332708">
<H5>Condition</A></H5>

Some customers may comment that the IP cluster high beam indicator lamp is too
bright.</P>

<A NAME="ss2-1332708">
<A HREF="#ss2-1332708">
<H5>Correction</A></H5>

To reduce the high beam indicator intensity level, reprogram the IPC with the
service calibration that was available from Techline on the TIS2000 version 4.5 or
later for 2003. This calibration is an electronic calibration and is not available
from GMSPO.</P>

<A NAME="ss3-1332708">
<A HREF="#ss3-1332708">
<H5>Warranty Information</A></H5>

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:</P>
<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER=1>
<TR>
<TH ALIGN="center" VALIGN="bottom" ROWSPAN=1>

Labor Operation</P>
</TH><TH ALIGN="center" VALIGN="bottom" ROWSPAN=1>

Description</P>
</TH><TH ALIGN="center" VALIGN="bottom" ROWSPAN=1>

Labor Time</P>
</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD ALIGN="center" VALIGN="middle" ROWSPAN=1>

N4199</P>
</TD><TD ALIGN="center" VALIGN="middle" ROWSPAN=1>

Module, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) - Reprogram</P>
</TD><TD ALIGN="center" VALIGN="middle" ROWSPAN=1>

0.4hr</P>
</TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</p>
<table width='100%'>
<tr>
<td align='LEFT' width='778'>
<font size='1'>
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians,
NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these
technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to
provide information that could assist in the proper service of a
vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment,
tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and
safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the
bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have
that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether
your vehicle may benefit from the information.

</font>
</td>
<td align='CENTER' width='42'>
/servlets/TifToGif?pic=999999994
</td>
<td align='CENTER' width='167'>
<font size='2'>
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

</font>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<P ALIGN='CENTER'>

&copy; Copyright General Motors Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.

</P>
<form name='bottomNavForm'>
<hr>
<table width='100%' align='CENTER'>
<tr>
<td width='25%' slign='LEFT'>
<input type='BUTTON' name='back' value='<- Back' onclick='java_script: history.back[);'><input type='BUTTON' name='forward' value='Forward ->' onclick='JavaScript: history.forward();'>
</td>
<td width='50%' align='CENTER'>

Document ID# 1332708

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - 4WD

</td>
<td width='25%' align='RIGHT'>
<input type='BUTTON' name='print' value='Print' onclick='java_script: window.print[);'>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</BODY></HTML>

Klaus
02-04-2004, 03:32 AM
Notice the Hummer H2 is NOT listed in the above TSB.

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003

oma
02-05-2004, 12:08 AM
So how do we get the H2 added? Do we need to report the number of accidents/victims injured/killed due to the light being too bright and the driver couldnt'see? I can't stand to look at it and usually have to drive without the brights because I can't see with it on.

drouke
02-05-2004, 08:54 AM
You could always turn down the whole instrument cluster light level if it's bothering you that much. Or be like everyone else and change your head lights to H.I.D. or some silver stars or any of the numerous other lights out there. Then you won't even need to use the high beams. I, like most others here, do not think mine is bright at all.

frank6150
02-05-2004, 09:18 AM
This topic cracks me up to no end! High beam light is too bright... Next it will be the temperature dial is too hard to turn to the right. You geriatrics really need something better to do with your free time. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S&B Member since '03

DRTYFN
02-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Like I said in one of the other threads about his: go to a window tint shop and ask for a tiny piece of tint. Trim it to about the size of a dime, wet it and place it over the offending light. Voila!!! You can still see when it's on, but it doesn't blind you.

Did you guys know that Mac has pupils that will filter out irritating things in his line of sight? He probably won't even see this post even if he looks straight at it. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

S&B Member since '03