PDA

View Full Version : Dual SUNROOFS

HeeHaw
12-10-2002, 02:28 AM
If anyone has pictures of this, I would like to see them. I have 1 sunroof, but I would like to see what the second one looks like.

Thanks

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HeeHaw
12-10-2002, 02:28 AM
If anyone has pictures of this, I would like to see them. I have 1 sunroof, but I would like to see what the second one looks like.

Thanks

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Steve R
12-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Oh heehaw....it's not how large your sunroof is or even how many you have.......it's how you use it!

ktower_heels
12-10-2002, 03:24 PM
I like how the Discovery has two sunroofs and was intrigued by that idea on the H2. HH - didn't someone from Hawaii have this done? Female surfer?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

sheag
12-10-2002, 04:08 PM
That's me, Hawaii surfer chick. I'll put pics up of the dual sunroofs as soon as I can get some, my H2 is having them installed even as we speak. I also will put some up of the third row bench seat since a lot of people mentioned wanting this in the 'notes to the factory' thread.

Shea

ktower_heels
12-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Thank you! BTW, I in no way mean for chick to be anything more than a term of gender.
I think I speak for many on this board that are a little envious of your location and hobby. I would love to spend time surfing in Hawaii. Heck, I'd love to just sit on the beach in Hawaii.
Weather in Dallas sucks this time of year.

sheag
12-10-2002, 06:16 PM
I called MYSELF a surfer chick! I have absolutely no problem with the term. :-)

The only thing that concerns me with the dealer-installed dual sunroofs is repairs, if they ever become necessary. They are being installed here in Seattle and I am shipping the car to Hawai'i, obviously. So if something goes wrong, who does the warranty work? My dealer assured me that I could get it done at any GMC dealership, just as I could get the factory warranty work done on the Hummer there, but he also assured me he'd have it in writing when I go to pick up my Hummer. It would suck to get a leak in a sunroof and have all that saltwater pouring off the rack-mounted surfboards and kayaks into the car. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Shea

HeeHaw
12-11-2002, 12:50 AM
Like the Cowboys and its been a long year. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Shea, look forward to the pictures when you get them and thanks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Steve, send me some pictures of how you use your sunroof. Hey, folks, this should be good coming from Steve................. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Steve R
12-11-2002, 02:39 AM
Well HeeHaw......if I have to show you....you probably wouldn't get it anyways. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Steve R
12-11-2002, 02:54 AM
I'm gonna come clean with two things.

I was determined to stand & deliver and somehow entertain you guys...but my wife would not cooperate! I suppose it comes down to this; the gals you date for fun and wild stuff are NOT the ladies you take home to the folks and eventually Marry. Suffice it to say that Mary Poppins ain't got nothing over my wife....so there won't be any "show" or pics to gain some grins with. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Secondly....uhh...umm....well...my H2 was one of the first coming off the line and.....uhh, well...she was born a bit "sunroof-challenged".....I don't even have a sunroof /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BUT there are good reasons: After waiting 8 months I just had to have what they had available, I own a convertible and a sunroof isn't that big a deal as compared....AND the best reason: in the event I flip over while going through a river I won't drown!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

OH THE HUMILATION...it hurts so bad that only a set of polished Hummer letters could somehow make things right again /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ktower_heels
12-11-2002, 01:56 PM
The Cowboys are a sorry bunch aren't they? They are, however, better than my Lions (born in MI). I still have friends on the team from UNC, but I think I may have gotten to them with the whole 'Dallas Crackboys' routine /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . The Boys from Carolina are really good guys. The owner is another story.

HeeHaw
12-12-2002, 12:55 AM
I went down in flames. Whitty little sort aren't ya? Well, I get it now..............Hey, mama said I wasn't the sharpest marble in the bunch or is that the shinyest (is that a word?). Anyway, gotch ya!!!!!

As for the Cowboys, sorry is right, BEEN a REALLY long season and maybe a few more to come. At least the Lions will get the first pick. Please don't pull an H2Fan on me and head to CA to give me concrete slippers ya wise guy!

"We haven't had any damage yet!" Tony Soprano

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ktower_heels
12-12-2002, 09:32 PM
Was that not the worst season finale! Way too many cliffhangers considering how few episodes they churn out. Not to mention it takes two years for them to put out a season.
Think Campo or Morhninwig are gone at the end of the year??
Or do you think that Jerry gets implants to go with the facelift? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HeeHaw
12-13-2002, 12:31 AM
I was wondering about that, good call. Never thought of that and now I know what is different about him

Coachs are STUGOTS........................

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ktower_heels
12-13-2002, 04:30 PM
That isn't very nice to say about STUGOTS!!
Coaches are nothing more than used car salesmen! They, as a whole, are some of the most brain dead individuals around. There are a few exceptions, Marv Levy, Bill Walsh; but all in all they are not all there.

hinten
12-15-2002, 10:11 PM
I saw sheag's yellow H2 when I picked up my H2 at the dealership. She was nice enough to let me sit in the back seat and look at the set-up.
Very nice installation. It looked like it was stock. The ceiling cover was finished perfectly and the switches are installed next to each other upfront; again, finish is perfect. Also, remember that they have to drop the ceiling a little in the back to hide the roof when it retracts. Again, they only used stock material.
Now I am thinking, wouldn't it be even better to have one big sunroof that extends all the way to the back seats?
There is probably going to be some structural problems but I like the idea?
When are you off to Hawaii?

sheag
12-17-2002, 04:03 AM
Yo hintent dude, whatcha talkin about? I have an ORANGE Hummer, and I've never met you, and certainly I've never let you sit in my Hummer! Furthermore, sadly my dual sunroofs are still not installed. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I've been having a great time cruising around with my sunroof-challenged H2, however. I am dropping it off this Friday to have further extras, including the sunroofs, added, then it will be sent to the boat for Hawai'i on the 26th. I'll miss the big guy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Shea

Steve R
12-17-2002, 07:52 AM
Hey Shea...don't be too hard on him! I myself have met you quite a few times: last week alone no less then 4 nights in a row! I can't go into details...but suffice it to say you did more then just let me sit in your H2...

....we drove it to that Hawiian beach buffet!!!!

(yeah...that's a nice ending) /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Steve R
12-17-2002, 07:54 AM
You guys have NO IDEA how much restraint I used on that last post. As tears roll down my eyes....I swear you have no idea!!

Just think about it...there...see what I mean!

DON'T GO THERE!!!!!

hinten
12-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Please forgive.
I didn't think there are too many girls with H2s with dual sunroofs in the Seattle area.
I picked up my H2 on Dec 13 at GM Bellevue. I met a girl there with a yellow H2 with dual sunroofs installed. She was showing it to her salesperson and invited me to take a look as well.
She told me she had it done in a shop in Seattle, let me know if you're interested.
One comment I had was the second roof is somewhat behind the back bench. The front roof goes back pretty far so they had to move the second roof towards the back. That's why I think a single large roof would be even better.

Texas Red
12-17-2002, 02:46 PM
My gosh, this is bound to have structural effects!

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

sheag
12-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Thanks hinten, that's very interesting! I don't mind the second one sitting a bit behind the second row seat because I have a third row bench seat as well. Unfortunately I don't have time to shop around and have it installed, I just have to get the dealer to do it because I'm on my way out of town. I got a pretty good price though, and I've been impressed with the work on the duals that I've seen them do. Incidentally, I bought my H2 at Doug's Lynnwood Hummer and had a very good buying experience. I did not have a good experience the two times I went to the Bellevue dealership.

Shea
'03 Sunset Orange Adventure

Jim, I've asked a lot of questions of a lot of different people and thus far there's no indication that it does or should have any structural effect.

michele
12-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Hinten I think it was me that let you sit in my yellow h2 with dual sunroofs at the Bellevue dealership. They were installed at SunMark. I am very happy with the quality of the install - the roof did not get lowered to insall it. I am not very happy with the location of second roof. Story. I wanted a factory sunroof but they would not have one until January - got car in early Nov. The sales manager showed me a photo of a what I thought was a h2 with dual roofs that looked great..turns out it was an h1. I was devistated when my car came back from the install. The second roof is back much further in the h2 due to structure of the roof. The dealership worked with me on the issue, they offered to refund my $ or give me a new car with a factory insalled sunroof. Rather then wait 6 weeks and pay the price increase on the h2 I kept this one. There are some other pros to the second roof - you get a larger front console (easier to mount LCD screen) and when you open the back roof you get good air circulation and my hair does not got out the top.

michele
12-21-2002, 08:19 PM
more photos

hinten
12-22-2002, 03:13 AM
Michele,
this is too funny. It's a small world afterall.

I still think the sunroofs look really cool. If you don't mind, I would be interested in how much the one and two sunroofs cost you. You can email me at markusniDELETETHIS@attbi.com

I had the worst experience at GM Bellevue. perhaps it is because my last several cars were German made and the hassle and negotiations were not as bad. I insisted on not paying over MSRP and told them I wouldn't mind if it meant waiting for a while. I was sent around between 3 or 4 different "sales managers". I walked away two times since they tried to ad a couple of thousands right before closing. I had given up for two weeks until they finally called me and gave me the deal that I was looking for. Even then they tried to ad a couple of hundreds for "business tax".
I asked them what kind of a tax that was and they told me, "That's what it costs to run our business." I almost flipped a lid.

Now that it is all said and done I got a big surprise via mail. They send me a model H2 in pewter as a Christmas present. I didn't even get that from BMW after purchasing several cars from them.