PDA

View Full Version : Production

4churchill
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
H3 production started yesterday, barring any quality control issues 1st one should hit our floor in about 6-7 weeks!!

4churchill
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
H3 production started yesterday, barring any quality control issues 1st one should hit our floor in about 6-7 weeks!!

oneworld
04-21-2005, 03:42 AM
4CHURCHILL, you seem very in the know > my dealer told me that i could not order my H3 with the nav/package becuase they will not be offering the package for the first vehicles out of production, dealer told me that I would have to wait till after September if I wanted the nav/package > not a big deal and i do not want to wait only for that so I am in and hope it will arrive before June >

H3 Builder
04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
No navagation system until this fall.

killian
04-21-2005, 10:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Builder:
No navagation system until this fall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, builder

Is there a digital compass in the corner of the rear veiw mirror, like on the Tahoe?

H3 Builder
04-23-2005, 12:14 PM
I haven't even seen one yet, so I don't know.

HummerLV
04-23-2005, 01:05 PM
on the hummer site, go to the h3 360 degrees view of interior, shows mirror but it does not look like the temp/comp is on it, but onstar is in the mirror.
just remember that these pics may not be exact production

usetosellhummer
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Would have been nice to get that compass/level gague that was pitchured in the H3T cluster. Levo-gauge is so cheap I hate to stick one inside the vehicle. Builder... do you know if about the side airbags not comming out in the first batch of trucks?

angelus
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I was told by my dealer that if I ordered my H3 with the additional airbags that it would be delayed. Didn't ask how musch of a delay it would be. I just told her to put through my order without them

killian
04-25-2005, 09:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by angelus:
I was told by my dealer that if I ordered my H3 with the additional airbags that it would be delayed. Didn't ask how musch of a delay it would be. I just told her to put through my order without them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered mine with and have heard nothing of delays. When I called Hummer theyt said that mine was scheduled to begin production on 9 May.

funpilot
04-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Yikes, I placed my order with the side airbags....H3 Builder, please tell your factory not to delay adding them......Doesn't GMC care about safety?

usetosellhummer
04-25-2005, 09:39 PM
This was from a dude at the show so he could be wrong? Builder should know.

HoKC
04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
They went through and pulled the Side Curtain Air Bags off of all the orders I had in the system. I am guessing that they did that to all of them. It was my understanding that it was a supplier issue. If you want I can pull your order and check the option content for you, just email me with your order# and I will check it.

H3 Builder
04-25-2005, 09:56 PM
I will check on this tomorrow. I had the understanding that side airbags were 100%. Also the rear view mirror has Onstar, compass and temperature.

funpilot
04-26-2005, 08:50 PM
My dealer called me today and said they also could not order it with side airbags but also stated that they heard it was an engineering issue that probably would not be fixed this model year. I need to know.

H3 Builder
04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
I asked today and there still installing them 100% so I don't know why they are tell you all this. I'll do more checking tomorrow.

funpilot
04-26-2005, 10:02 PM
We are all being told that they are not available. I may not buy it otherwise....

funpilot
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
H3 Builder.....please make sure you understand that we are not asking about ordinary airbags but the SIDE CURTAIN OPTIONAL AIRBAGS......

H3 Builder
04-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Yes, I'm talking side curtain air bags. Let you know tomorrow.

PARAGON
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I just checked and apparently the air bags, nav and chrome gas cap are not available right now and will not be on any for the mean time.

usetosellhummer
04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks
(will wait for someone else to absorb the loss and buy used next year for 25k)

funpilot
04-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Here is the answer I got directly from Hummer on the airbags. I wrote back asking how I can still place my order and wait for them.

Thank you for contacting HUMMER! We are pleased to learn that you
have placed your order for the all-new H3! The side curtain airbags
in the H3 are currently unavailable due to a material restriction.
The estimated time frame for availability is greater than four weeks.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please continue to keep in
contact with your preferred HUMMER dealer for the latest details
regarding this option. They will receive any new information at the
earliest possible date.

If you have any additional questions or would like to receive product
information on any of our other vehicles, please write back or contact
HUMMER at 1-800-REAL4WD, between 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET, Monday
through Friday. Thank you for contacting HUMMER!

Sincerely,

Nick Dorsey
HUMMER
Customer Relationship Manager

usetosellhummer
04-27-2005, 08:57 PM
pilot, it's up to you how important the bags are. I would wait for them to make sure the vehicle retains some value. That saftey feature is big for women and families.

H3 Builder
04-27-2005, 10:39 PM
OK, The air curtain bags were delayed. Quality issues. But I was told that they will be back on the OK to order list Thursday or Friday. I had heard earily on that these would be 100% on all H3, but evidently that is not the case, yet. Just like fog lights were going to be an option at first, then changed to all. Hope this helps.

funpilot
04-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks Builder. Also just got a phone call from GM Customer service and was told they should be available in mid to late June ....