PDA

View Full Version : Brushguard installation question

Hog Hunter
05-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I bought a used factory brushguard for my 2004 H2. Two of the six bolts I was to receive were lost in shipping and I replaced the missing items with the same size bolts as the four I initially received. After attempting the install last night I have come to the conclusion that these are the wrong size bolts for the upper mounting brackets. I think these should be narrower to enable them to fit throught the upper mounting bracket. Assuming I am correct and this works out,(also, is the procedure to slip a spacer over the bolt on the upper mounting bracket?) it appears that the grill needs to be cut to fit over the brushguard support. Can someone please confirm?
Thanks

Hog Hunter
I bought a used factory brushguard for my 2004 H2. Two of the six bolts I was to receive were lost in shipping and I replaced the missing items with the same size bolts as the four I initially received. After attempting the install last night I have come to the conclusion that these are the wrong size bolts for the upper mounting brackets. I think these should be narrower to enable them to fit throught the upper mounting bracket. Assuming I am correct and this works out,(also, is the procedure to slip a spacer over the bolt on the upper mounting bracket?) it appears that the grill needs to be cut to fit over the brushguard support. Can someone please confirm?
Thanks

Hog Hunter
Thanks

Tucson Beast
05-19-2004, 07:50 PM
I have a factory brushguard - I have also replaced my grille (chrome to black) and I have never had to cut the grille as I removed and re-mounted my brushguard. Check with your Dealer in order to help with bolt size - no cutting is required.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HHummer
05-19-2004, 08:01 PM
The factory brush guard came with a replacement grill that is smaller than the original.

HummMe
05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
The top two grille bolts have spacers. These are also longer thinner bolts. Then the lower valance(black grille),that mounts in front of the lower brushguard mounts, gets trimmed. They all do. On the back of it there are lines for you to trim to fit around the brushguard mounts. You will see it clearly marked.

HummerLV
05-19-2004, 09:59 PM
what hummme said is correct, i just finished doing mine.

Hog Hunter
05-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the input.