PDA

View Full Version : Dash Top GPS

Hudmacom
04-25-2004, 03:55 AM
I want to add a GPS to my H2. My idea it to have it vertically come up from the top of the dash. See similar pic below. Does anyone know if there would be enough room in the middle of the dash where the heat/ac vents are? Are the pipes the same size as the actual vent?

Hudmacom
I want to add a GPS to my H2. My idea it to have it vertically come up from the top of the dash. See similar pic below. Does anyone know if there would be enough room in the middle of the dash where the heat/ac vents are? Are the pipes the same size as the actual vent?

Hudmacom

TBarrow
04-25-2004, 02:57 PM
The A/C duct work is right under the center where you will want to locate it. I installed mine in the dash.

RonB
04-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Travis at Rubberduck makes a shelf that screws into the exsisting holes in the dash. It sits just above the 2 air vents. It's for a cb, but I was thinking of putting a gps up there.

HHummer
04-27-2004, 03:26 AM
The top of the dash is the right place as you can safely view and adjust while driving and looking out the windshield constantly. Unfortunately, as was mentioned, there is very little room under the top of the dash. I am using the Street Pilot with the included sandbag base, and it stays very well. I have left it in place going up and down some very steep inclines (looking at dirt in front of the hood) and it has never moved. I do remove it from view when parked in certain locations, though.

Hummer Man
04-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Nice setup!

PARAGON
04-28-2004, 01:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummer Man:
Nice setup! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which setup is that? Don't you have a paper road map in your Jeep?

Hummer Man
04-28-2004, 10:06 AM
I have a jeep and a H2

Spike
04-28-2004, 03:05 PM
originally posted by MonkeyLiarBoy,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have a jeep and a H2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bull****!

Hummer Man
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
No that is quite true!

PARAGON
04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummer Man:
No that is quite true! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Spike was referring to you.

Hummer Man
04-28-2004, 07:30 PM
I have a Jeep Wrangler Sahara and a H2.

PARAGON
04-28-2004, 07:36 PM
I have a Jeep Wrangler Sahara and a H2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Teflon brain!

Doctor
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
PARAGON: GET A LIFE!!! AND QUIT HANGING OUT HERE TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL LIKE THE MAN THAT YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT!!! ONLY A MENTAL MORON TRIES TO BOOST HIS EGO BY RIDICULING OTHERS. OH, I AM SURE THAT YOU CANNOT LET MY WORDS GO, BECAUSE YOUR SELF-CENTERED EGO WON'T LET YOU. MOST LIKELY, YOU ARE A DIRT POOR MISSISSIPPI HICK WITH A THIRD GRADE EDUCATION, AND A BARELY VISIBLE MANHOOD!!!!

DON'T EXPECT ME TO HONOR YOUR REBUTTAL, AS I WOULDN'T WIPE MY ASSembly WITH THE LIKES OF YOU. I JUST WANT THE REST OF THIS FORUM TO KNOW YOU FOR THE PATHETIC, HATEFUL LITTLE NON-MAN THAT YOU ARE!!!!! OF COURSE, THEY PROBABLY ALREADY DO !!!!!!

YOU BETTER HOPE THAT YOU DON'T FIND YOURSELF IN MY HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM SOMEDAY!!!!

AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TEETH, SMILE!!!!

DOC

Detonate
04-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Nice!

PARAGON
04-28-2004, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doc Love:
PARAGON: GET A LIFE!!! AND QUIT HANGING OUT HERE TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL LIKE THE MAN THAT YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT!!! ONLY A MENTAL MORON TRIES TO BOOST HIS EGO BY RIDICULING OTHERS. OH, I AM SURE THAT YOU CANNOT LET MY WORDS GO, BECAUSE YOUR SELF-CENTERED EGO WON'T LET YOU. MOST LIKELY, YOU ARE A DIRT POOR MISSISSIPPI HICK WITH A THIRD GRADE EDUCATION, AND A BARELY VISIBLE MANHOOD!!!!

DON'T EXPECT ME TO HONOR YOUR REBUTTAL, AS I WOULDN'T WIPE MY ASSembly WITH THE LIKES OF YOU. I JUST WANT THE REST OF THIS FORUM TO KNOW YOU FOR THE PATHETIC, HATEFUL LITTLE NON-MAN THAT YOU ARE!!!!! OF COURSE, THEY PROBABLY ALREADY DO !!!!!!

YOU BETTER HOPE THAT YOU DON'T FIND YOURSELF IN MY HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM SOMEDAY!!!!

AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TEETH, SMILE!!!!

DOC <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Right! Well at least you got one part right: "MOST LIKELY, YOU ARE A DIRT POOR MISSISSIPPI HICK WITH A THIRD GRADE EDUCATION." I do have all 37 of my teeth though.

PARAGON
04-28-2004, 10:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor:
YOU BETTER HOPE THAT YOU DON'T FIND YOURSELF IN MY HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM SOMEDAY!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Doctor, you slipped again. No respectable physician would say something like this.

Rookie mistakes at lieing. By the way, after you made the login name "Doctor" you realized how obvious of a poser name it was and then was too lazy to sign up again, so you just changed it to "Doc Love." Don't be so lazy with your lies.

\"Doc\"-sqrd
04-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Hello Guys,

Wow!! I feel compelled to respond in some way...just not sure how, but here goes.

First off, this is a forum with a diverse membership, diverse opinions, etc. Everyone has the chance to contribute and occasionally "mix it up" with others. True, Hummer Man's posts are useless and even occasionally dangerously misleading. True, he gets his share of flamings from Paragon et al. But I think most of us let the "sand" filter through our fingers to capture the "pearls" here on the site. Doctors lose their cool sometimes and I believe you just saw one lose his cool (assuming that he IS a doctor).

Paragon, thank god his Emergency Department is near a hospital!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif You will probably find competant doctors there who could help you if he won't (or can't). Frankly, his behavior would cast doubt on his moral turptitude and as Chief of Staff at my hospital, I'ld consider using my "velvet hammer" on him! I'ld doubt if he could make the "cut" to be on staff anyway.

Lastly, perhaps you and Hummer Man could limit your barbs to one or two "strings"....the pearls are getting few and far between! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now..."go and sin no more"

H2Finally
04-28-2004, 11:57 PM
"Doc" -- WORD! No disrespect, but every responses to HM's assinine posts MULTIPLES the number of waste-of-time posts per thread. Boring big time..

PARAGON
04-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Doc (the real doc), this guy is not a physician. I'm sure you are somewhat aware, that there are certain human traits that stick out when someone lies. Very few people can pull off a lie very well and when you do it in print like this, the subtle things you look for are much easier to spot. Each of "Doctor's" posts have these little nuances that makes it apparent he is lying.

Once you are aware of these common sense things they stick out like a blazing red flag.

Don't worry about the hummerman thing, it will pass. He started littering every thread with his posts and I am being a copy-cat except I am pointing out the idiocy of his posts. His retardation has been dealt with here before, this isn't the first time this has happened with him. You would deny a man a little fun at an unscrupulous individial's expense?