PDA

View Full Version : New Aux Input Splitter I found...

Gromet
01-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Have any of you seen this unit before, I was down getting my windows tinted and talking to one of the techs. He showed me this aux Input Splitter and I grabbed it, gonna install it tonight. It has two inputs and is OnStar compliant. Just figured I'd see if any of you had ever seen this one before and if so, how they work?

2003 Black - Adv/Lux Package

Gromet
01-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Have any of you seen this unit before, I was down getting my windows tinted and talking to one of the techs. He showed me this aux Input Splitter and I grabbed it, gonna install it tonight. It has two inputs and is OnStar compliant. Just figured I'd see if any of you had ever seen this one before and if so, how they work?

Klaus
01-27-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm afraid that adapter is not going to work. That adapter requires an external source be factory installed, such as an EXTERNAL CD changer (in-dash does not count), or XM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>REQUIRES FACTORY XM RECEIVER, FACTORY DVD REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT OR FACTORY/AFTERMARKET CD CHANGER
IN ORDER TO WORK, SLAVE UNIT MUST CONTINUOUSLY BE PLAYING OR IF XM OR DVD, MUST BE ON<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003

Brandon Fuller
01-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Hey all, I know that adapter does not work but the PAC web site says they are working on another one that will. Its right on the home page:

AUX-GM24 Auxiliary Audio Input for GM vehicles coming soon!
The AUX-GM24 is a standalone auxiliary input for most 2003-2004 GM vehicles. Unlike our AAI-GM12, the AUX-GM24 works with vehicles that do not come with factory XM, factory DVD or factory external CD changer. The AUX-GM24 will have two auxiliary inputs selectable by the headunit's button. Even works in most vehicles with the factory 6 disc in-dash head units. The AUX-GM24 will come with some cool features not seen in other manufacture's auxiliary inputs. More details and vehicle application guide coming soon

Gromet
01-28-2004, 11:14 AM
The tech I called told me about the GM24 when I called to find out if the GM12 would work for me. He said it should be available in "a few weeks"

Sounds good to me.

Brandon Fuller
04-08-2004, 02:47 AM
I received and installed the PAC AAI-GM24 tonight. Works perfectly.

Read more at:
http://brandon.fuller.name/archives/2004/04/07/22.24.07/

TouchdownTN
04-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Hey Brandon, Does the PAC Device require a 12V and ground connection or does it simply plug and play with the factory harness. BTW, what seetings do you use to rip your music to the IPod. I am currently using AAC format at the highest level. Just wondering because the sound quality is somewhat lacking through the I-Trip FM mod. Not sure if it is the FM mod or the way I'm ripping the tracks to the IPod. BTW, how do you select the aux inputs on the head unit. Great write up!

HHummer
04-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Since Brandon has not yet replied, I'll let you know that the PAC AAI-GM24 just plugs in between the factory plugs (2) and the radio. Plenty of length to work with. The only other connection necessary on the H2 installation are the two stereo-in pair. The radio rotates through the band button and adds aux1 and aux2 on the face in addition to the existing am and fm. The button on the steering wheel cycles through the radio, cd, and aux indications. There is a 12v supply if you need to power some other option, but remains unused for this application.

I have noticed the same thing on the mp3 sound compared to a cd in the radio. I believe that you will notice an improvement when you eliminate the FM modulator, but my mp3's do not sound quite as dynamic as the cd. If you are using AAC at the highest level, I don't believe that you can improve, other than the direct connection. I am going to rip a cd in that format and make a direct comparison, just to compare apples to apples.

hognose
04-09-2004, 02:51 AM
I decided to order one today through logjam and damn that sucker shipped quick! Can't speak to the device yet but I have to say I don't think they could have possible shipped this sucker any faster. When I ordered they still had 6 in stock.....

Wonder if I can get a kickback if someone buys now? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chris