PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Fluid...Any ideas?

H2 OOOOH
03-28-2004, 01:49 PM
I parked the H2 in the driveway for about 2 hours yesterday and I noticed 4 or 5 spots of fluid in about a 1 foot square area (some appear to be black spots (oil?) and other spots seem red?). It is not coming from the engine compartment, it is about halfway down the vehicle under the back seats.

I plan to cal the dealer tomorrow (he is 100 miles away), and I cannot waste a whole day taking it there. I thought I would get the thoughts of the wonderful people on this site.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. P.S. Hummer haters SUCK!

H2 OOOOH
I parked the H2 in the driveway for about 2 hours yesterday and I noticed 4 or 5 spots of fluid in about a 1 foot square area (some appear to be black spots (oil?) and other spots seem red?). It is not coming from the engine compartment, it is about halfway down the vehicle under the back seats.

I plan to cal the dealer tomorrow (he is 100 miles away), and I cannot waste a whole day taking it there. I thought I would get the thoughts of the wonderful people on this site.

H2 OOOOH

PARAGON
03-28-2004, 09:53 PM
If you have leaks take it to the dealer.

Livin\' Large
03-28-2004, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
If you have leaks take it to the dealer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DUH! Real smart answer, moron. Anyone can figure that one out.

Fever
03-29-2004, 12:15 AM
I had the same on my garage floor (except the red fluid). The black seemed to be coming from the muffler weep hole. Moisture accumulates in there and comes out when you first start up. Check it overnight if the water dries up the black spot will just be soot.

PARAGON
03-29-2004, 02:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Livin' Large:
_DUH! Real smart answer, moron. Anyone can figure that one out. _ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why don't cha get a horse and live in the mountains someplace and don't bother anybody. You got a personality like a dead moth.

KenP
03-29-2004, 02:30 AM
OH, be sure to look at the driveshaft. Just on the off, rare chance the leak is running down from the trans.

Hummer Man
03-29-2004, 10:45 PM
FEVER< I think you are right. Water condenses in their as the exhaust cools down. If it is not oily or red it is probably water!

H2 OOOOH
03-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. The fluid is definately red, I put a white sheet down overnight and there were a couple of spots.

Called the dealer today, the first appointment was Thursday. I'll cross my fingers and hope it is minor. Hopefully I don't give them an H2 and the give me a Cavalier or something.

Hummer Man
03-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Could be Brake, Transfer case, Oil or Shock oil.

max
03-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Red spots on the sheet? Does it only happen once a month?

calih2girl
03-30-2004, 08:09 PM
You should ask Dennis about it. He is always leaking something.

KenP
03-31-2004, 05:38 AM
Ooohhh, Damn. Welcome to the forum! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Dan
03-31-2004, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by calih2girl:
You should ask Dennis about it. He is always leaking something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent first post!! Welcome to the mad house http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Don't forget to post pics of your H2. Or of yourself for that matter so we can rate you http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DRTYFN
03-31-2004, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by calih2girl:
You should ask Dennis about it. He is always leaking something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet. She catches on quick.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
What part of Cali are you from, Cali?
Most importantly, did you make the intelligent & wise choice and go with pewter?http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PARAGON
03-31-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm going back to Cali...Cali...Cali...naw I don't think so.

H2 OOOOH
04-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Well, I got the H2 back from the dealer today. Surprise, surprise, all looks fine to them. They cleaned it up underneath, checked it out and it isn't leaking. Sooooo, I drive the 60 miles home, pull into the garage, walk around back and see transmission fluid splattered all the way up the back as if I drove home on wet pavement. Of couse the service department is gone for the f'ing day.

On top of that, not only is it leaking worse in the same spotas before, it is also leaking in the back end also. I dont know if it caked on form the leaks up front, or if it a new leak.

This time I want the dealer to come and get it, and I want an H2 for a loaner. Is this asking too much? God I am pissed!

Thanks for letting me vent.

DRTYFN
04-03-2004, 07:08 AM
You're going to call the GM of the dealership and rip him a new a-hole. You're going to inform him that he's going to send a flatbed out to haul your H2 back to the shop AND they're going to bring you a loaner of equal value ASAP.
If you don't want to, PM me with the info and I'll do it for you. I HATE INCOMPETENT SERVICE TECHS, WRITERS & MANAGERS!!!

H2 OOOOH
04-05-2004, 07:40 PM
DRTYFN,

Thanks for the input.

The dealer came and got it Saturday and left me a White H2. I can live with that. They called today and said nothing is glaringly wrong, but GM has given them the approval to replace the transmission and they found one in Chicago.

What concerns should I have now? Will this fix all issues? Is the replacement transmission New? (I doubt it). Can I request a new one?

What does everyone suggest? I know marketing, not engines.

Spike
04-05-2004, 07:53 PM
I can't believe they are going to replace your transmission without determining what is causing the leak first. I may have considered taking it to the next closest dealer after the last episode with them. Good luck, I hope they get the problem all squared away.