PDA

View Full Version : Superchips

Bad Dawg
01-08-2004, 01:55 PM
I wanted to pull this into it's own topic to get more folks to see it. Has anyone put one of these on their H2? How does it compare with the Diablo?

Thanks
http://www.superchips.com/html/products/gm/gas_trucks.htm

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Bad Dawg
01-08-2004, 01:55 PM
I wanted to pull this into it's own topic to get more folks to see it. Has anyone put one of these on their H2? How does it compare with the Diablo?

Thanks
http://www.superchips.com/html/products/gm/gas_trucks.htm

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Bad Dawg
01-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Geez. Can folks tear themselves away from ripping ITPro anu anus for a few minutes and get back to H2 stuff? Some of us would like to learn something here.

rvs9
01-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I have one (it came with my supercharger). After about 10 miles, my knock sencsor lit up and I am now having to send it back to see if there is a problem. I already had a programmer on the H2, so I was used to the change in shift points and acceleration. Plus, the supercharger changed everything anyhow. Am posting my other programmer in the classifieds for sale if interested.

Bad Dawg
01-12-2004, 01:12 PM
rvs9 - After you took it off (the Superchip)did you notice any change?

rvs9
01-13-2004, 12:01 PM
BD,

There is a difference made with using a programmer/tuner. Smoother acceleration is probably the change that I noticed most. The H2 feels (if not actually is) faster. On the highway at cruising speeds is where I did not notice much difference.

Bad Dawg
01-13-2004, 12:49 PM
I don't expext to turn a 6500 pound H2 into a sports car but what bothers me the most right now is the downshifting on the slightest upgrade. Also when I pass someone and need to downshift it seems to go down one gear too many and it screams (lot's of noise because of my exhaust). I'd like to pass somebody without looking and sounding like a teenager.I suspect that it is the larger tires that is causing it. If a programmer/tuner can help this by adding more HP/torque and also compensate for the larger tires then great. The Diablo Predator sounds like the top of the line product for this but the Superchips programer sounds good too. What's the best bang for the buck?

rvs9
01-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Sorry that I cannot answer which is the best programmer/tuner. But your issue was the same as mine - that's why I went with the supercharger. If you can afford the $$$ hit, then its your best route.

Bad Dawg
01-13-2004, 08:21 PM
It's not the $$$ thing so much as what the rest of the drive train can handle. I know from experiance that jumping beyond the window of what the drive train can handle will start to domino through, breaking the next weakest link. From what I have read here if a person wants to go with a supercharger then it is advised to beef up the rest too. At ten times the cost of a programer the supercharger seems extreme, very cool, but...

Bad Dawg
02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Bought the Superchips programmer and used it before a trip this last weekend. Seems to have helped the shifting a little. Not as much as I had hoped though. The power increase seems noticeable once it gets moving. I set it at the "Performance" setting first to see if I could tell any difference. We drove up into the mountains for dinner Saturday and then back down with an overall MPG average of just over 11mpg. Before the programer we were getting 12-12.5 mpg. We'll see how it does this week.

The shifts are firmer and don't seem to hang in a gear as long as before.

As we programmed the rig we measured our "37" MTR's. They are measured from the ground to the top of the tire. I was surprised at how much difference there is between the real overall height and the "advertised" size. They measured 34.75"! (At least that is what the owner of the 4x4 shop helping me measured it at). I need to double check his measurement.

Circuitguy
02-16-2004, 03:04 PM
I just installed the Superchips programmer on my H2 over the week end. Programming was very easy and there are noticeable changes to the performance of the H2. The biggest gains are at higher speeds and rpms, passing, down shifting and the biggest is that the torque management is gone! We all must remember that programmers on the market today can not change any of the factory parameters more than 15% up or down, which is the safe margin of change. BIG-C http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle.jpg</a>

\"Doc\"-sqrd
02-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Hello BadDawg,

I thought you were supposed to put a mark on the tire and pavement, roll the vehicle until the mark touches pavement again and measure the length (equals circumference) and divide by Pi (about 3.1416) to get 2R= tire diameter?

"Doc"-Sqrd

Bad Dawg
02-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Circutguy - I have already added intake, headers, exhaust, and taller tires before the programmer. Have you added anything besides the programmer yet? (I need to drive a bone stock one again to compare it to mine).

Doc - I believe the instructions for the Superchips just says to measure from the ground to the top of the tire (close enuf?). Good point though, no matter how flat the tire gets it still has to turn all the tread around for one revolution.

Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Superchips Programmer, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Circuitguy
02-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Bad,

I have no mods as of yet. The Superchips Programer was the first. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle.jpg</a>