PDA

View Full Version : vizualogic install...help please!

mim3
12-18-2004, 04:49 PM
OK, I have the units in the seat backs, rear center console removed,....

Where is the best place to tap into power and place the a/v module? The kit has a nice 12v plug, is matching female somewhere or do I need to splice?

How to pull the radio? I am in the process of removing complete center console...is this correct?

I'm sure more ? to come....

Thanks, Mike.

mim3

Where is the best place to tap into power and place the a/v module? The kit has a nice 12v plug, is matching female somewhere or do I need to splice?

How to pull the radio? I am in the process of removing complete center console...is this correct?

Thanks, Mike.

mim3

Thanks, Mike.

mim3
12-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Thanks Phil.

All done. I'll post details and pics of the install later.

NuckinFuts
12-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Just got mine completed also! Have a dual dvd set-up with the PAC VCI-GM2 so my daughter can watch her toons and my wife and I or I mean my wife can watch her own show via the nav unit.

Sean

mim3
12-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey Nuck, Nice job. I am going to order the PAC tomorrow. I should have done it when I had everything pulled apart! 2nd time should go quicker. What are you using for the 2nd DVD player and where did you mount it? I was thinking XBox. Thanks.

NuckinFuts
12-20-2004, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mim3:
What are you using for the 2nd DVD player and where did you mount it? I was thinking XBox. Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought my 9" screens from a guy off ebay, it came with a concept dvd paler/tv tuner and two a/v modules. When I picked up my H2 GM threw in 7" screens a vizualogic dvd player and one a/v module. I ended up using my original 9" screens, both dvd players and one a/v tuner since it had more inputs and outputs then the one GM offerend. I like the simplicty of the vizualogic dvd player better then the Concept, but the tuner might come in handy some day. I mounted both player under the middle of the second row seats so I wouldn't lose my glove box space and just ran the wires under the carpet. I wish you did have the Pac video unit when you had everything apart because that cup holder is a bitch!! Good luck on your install.

Sean