PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side Floorboard Soaked

TJB
12-20-2002, 02:55 AM
I had parked the H2 outside today in the rain. When I came back I saw the carpet all wet on the driver side. I lifted up the front floor mat, and the carpet is soaked. I don't see where any thing else is wet. I checked around the sun roof, arm rest on the doors and everything is dry. It seems to be coming from the bottom of the door, and instead of draining out of the holes on the bottom of the door, it drained inside. I checked the drain holes and they are clear. I also heard some water sloshing around when I stopped, but can not locate where it is.
The seals around the doors (not on the beach) are all fine, and looks great.

Anyone else have this problem. I have heard of problems with the sun roof leaking and getting the On Star system wet, but nothing about this.

TJB
12-20-2002, 02:55 AM
I had parked the H2 outside today in the rain. When I came back I saw the carpet all wet on the driver side. I lifted up the front floor mat, and the carpet is soaked. I don't see where any thing else is wet. I checked around the sun roof, arm rest on the doors and everything is dry. It seems to be coming from the bottom of the door, and instead of draining out of the holes on the bottom of the door, it drained inside. I checked the drain holes and they are clear. I also heard some water sloshing around when I stopped, but can not locate where it is.
The seals around the doors (not on the beach) are all fine, and looks great.

Anyone else have this problem. I have heard of problems with the sun roof leaking and getting the On Star system wet, but nothing about this.

MAC
12-20-2002, 03:26 AM
The water could be in your A pillar on the driver side. The water from the roof drains down the A pillar, maybe it is clogged, as have been reported by few. I think they used high pressure water to clear it. Not sure if there was a HUMMER tech bullentin about this in the Tech section.

H2TECH
12-20-2002, 07:35 PM
The sunroof drain on the left side where it exits through the firewall is kinked. I remove the flimsy hose and replace it with 3/8" fuel line about half way up the A-pillar.