PDA

View Full Version : HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies)

YourAdventure
09-23-2005, 07:20 PM
This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.

I explained to him that many of the folks involved or wanting to get involved feel a little out of place because there has been no direction and they are not sure if they are fully certified volunteers because of the lack of communication.

Even though we have gotten some updates on this forum it has been indirectly through other folks. I asked if Mike could officially put something on here since he is the main person in charge of this deal. He plans to do that in the near future but for not is focused on support for this Rita relief.

Either way if you are interested, even though you may not have all your certifications, please contact Mike Morris at 574-340-8408 to help get you squared away and get your prepared to help on any relief being set up.

As for the future, we are meeting again next week to discuss official support on doing certification classes moving forward. I will be helping lead up many of the certifications classes for Texas, what they call, "HOPE in a box". This will possibly take place at our Adventure Park, by the Texas Motor Speedway, we have here in the North Texas area initially. As we grow the program there will be other courses throughout the state that will be set up for this purpose.

Stay posted, hopefully the frustrations will be lessoned and we can get on to doing some good stuff for our friends, family, and the community.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com

YourAdventure
09-23-2005, 07:20 PM
This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.

I explained to him that many of the folks involved or wanting to get involved feel a little out of place because there has been no direction and they are not sure if they are fully certified volunteers because of the lack of communication.

Even though we have gotten some updates on this forum it has been indirectly through other folks. I asked if Mike could officially put something on here since he is the main person in charge of this deal. He plans to do that in the near future but for not is focused on support for this Rita relief.

Either way if you are interested, even though you may not have all your certifications, please contact Mike Morris at 574-340-8408 to help get you squared away and get your prepared to help on any relief being set up.

As for the future, we are meeting again next week to discuss official support on doing certification classes moving forward. I will be helping lead up many of the certifications classes for Texas, what they call, "HOPE in a box". This will possibly take place at our Adventure Park, by the Texas Motor Speedway, we have here in the North Texas area initially. As we grow the program there will be other courses throughout the state that will be set up for this purpose.

Stay posted, hopefully the frustrations will be lessoned and we can get on to doing some good stuff for our friends, family, and the community.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com

DennisAJC
09-23-2005, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced to intermediate H1, H2, H3 owners that would be ready to deploy for support on Hurricane Rita.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd fix it for you.

DennisAJC
09-24-2005, 12:27 AM
You don't have to belong to "POSER" organizations who parade their Hummers around just for the primary sake of posing their Hummers.

You can do the bonafide goodwill gesture with good folks in Jeeps, Explorers, Vans, Cars, etc. more effectively than driving around in "WANNABE" military fashion.

We've all seen what "Requirements" get you in times of disaster.

People in need don't care of your "Qualifications" or to ooooh and ahhhh at a line of Hummers...

.....Just your help.

YourAdventure
09-24-2005, 04:11 AM
DennisAJC, is this a Hummer forum or as you put it a, "Jeeps, Explorers, Vans, Cars, etc" forum? Last I understood it was a Hummer forum for all models. Also last I heard whether you were an H3, H2 or H1 owner it didn't really matter as long as we promoted the lifestyle and community of being a Hummer owners.

I can appreciate your concern about people out there having an ego about owning a Hummer and people acting as posers. But shouldn't you try to get your facts straight about who you are throwing out lude comments too before you put your foot in your mouth.

Just my 2 cents. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DennisAJC
09-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I guess someone agrees to keep this "TRASH" where it belongs by deleting the lame advertising attempts in the H2 and H3 Sections.

Keep your crap here in H1 Section and we'll leave you alone.

Your two cents aren't worth much around here Sam. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DennisAJC
09-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Actually I've decided that your crap is not worthy of even the H1 section. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Peddle your useless shyt elswhere.

John1295
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
This is hilarious. I have wheeled with Parkdude for the last couple of years and he is no poser. He is also not doing this for any type of payment that is for sure. If anything for as much work as he does for no pay to promote the Hummer lifestyle he should be getting paid.

Heck, a few of the folks on this thread have wheeled with him and even trail guided for some of his events.

I know for a fact he is not an H1 owner, his ass couldn't afford one. In fact, I think "Fever" stated above that he used to have an H2 and now has an H3. After reading all this crap though, he does get a little wordy and the whole experience thing I am sure came out wrong. They are just looking for some intersted folks that are wanting to help to contact this guy Mike Morris.

I have never been on this Elcova forum because of crap I heard like this, but when I heard about this through the stories being told across Texas I figured someone should step up and say something.

DRTYFN
09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John1295:
This is hilarious. I have wheeled with Parkdude for the last couple of years and he is no poser. He is also not doing this for any type of payment that is for sure. If anything for as much work as he does for no pay to promote the Hummer lifestyle he should be getting paid.

Heck, a few of the folks on this thread have wheeled with him and even trail guided for some of his events.

I know for a fact he is not an H1 owner, his ass couldn't afford one. In fact, I think "Fever" stated above that he used to have an H2 and now has an H3. After reading all this crap though, he does get a little wordy and the whole experience thing I am sure came out wrong. They are just looking for some intersted folks that are wanting to help to contact this guy Mike Morris.

I have never been on this Elcova forum because of crap I heard like this, but when I heard about this through the stories being told across Texas I figured someone should step up and say something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm... how convenient that you just so happen to sign up when dickweed is getting flamed.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Sam, that's so pathetically transparent.
Sam = lame conniver.

Fever
09-26-2005, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John1295:

I have never been on this Elcova forum because of crap I heard like this, but when I heard about this through the stories being told across Texas I figured someone should step up and say something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm... how convenient that you just so happen to sign up when dickweed is getting flamed.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Sam, that's so pathetically transparent.
Sam = lame conniver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Drty but you missed the mark on this one. Everything John said is true and Sam has worked his a$$ off to promote the HUMMER lifestyle. Yes there was some words maybe out of order or mis stated (sp) but I assure you Sam's ONLY goal is to get more people involved with the HOPE program so we can help those in need. If that makes him the bad guy then so be it.

John1295
09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I expected some snide remark like that. Feel free to come hang out with us here in Shreveport. My brother Chris met Sam back when they lived in the Grapevine area before moving back to the home land. He has been nothing but supportive to both my brother and I from the beginning and now even through this tragedy.

He has been the only one to stay in contact even after we left. Again, I expected this but I felt something needed to be said.

Tracy, I am sure Sam appreciated the kind words. We hope to head back to Texas soon. I haven't been offroad in quite some time.

Fever
09-26-2005, 10:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Tracy, I am sure Sam appreciated the kind words. We hope to head back to Texas soon. I haven't been offroad in quite some time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Headed to Barnwell this weekend. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

DennisAJC
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Two testimonials don`t count.

Sam is a well known prick. We know of Sam. Therefore judgement is passed.

That will be all.

PARAGON
09-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I expected some snide remark like that. Feel free to come hang out with us here in Shreveport. My brother Chris met Sam back when they lived in the Grapevine area before moving back to the home land. He has been nothing but supportive to both my brother and I from the beginning and now even through this tragedy.

He has been the only one to stay in contact even after we left. Again, I expected this but I felt something needed to be said.

Tracy, I am sure Sam appreciated the kind words. We hope to head back to Texas soon. I haven't been offroad in quite some time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Look, a spade was called a spade and "Sam" even defended his stance that H2 and H3 owners were somehow intermediate, which is asinine.

I like Tracey and repect him and his opinion. Yours on the other hand carries no weight because you haven't spent any time here. Not only that you do nothing but denegrate this forum while you try to defend your friend. He lost his credibility on his own, all on his on. He did nothing to correct the stupid statement he made and went so far as to make a shallow attempt at justifying it.

Remember this, you guys came to a forum that we as long time members enjoy and were disrespectful. If you don't like how you were treated, then look at how you approached us, not trying to blame us. And you can't hide any of it behind HOPE or any veiled attempts at good deeds. Many of us already pull our weight and certainly don't need this type of attitude to align with to continue to do more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. The term intermediate was used for folks that have safe experience in not only offroading but safe recovery and first aid/CPR training, but have not been exposed to support on a national disaster or anything similar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KenP
09-27-2005, 03:28 AM
...volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There are no experienced H2 and H3 owners here. We all need help and have no idea what we are doing. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Why not just ask for assistance from HUMMER owners? Did your well known dislike for the H2/H3 take over? You missed out on getting a ton of assistance because your inbred bias forced you to phrase your statement the way you did.

You fu'ed up.