PDA

View Full Version : 03/04 Nav Compatibility

H2CominThru
09-30-2003, 05:27 PM
i checked out the new 04's with the nav at my local dealer.. i asked them if the nav could be installed in the 03 hummer..they siad the wiring harness was different..i also called delphi and they said the computermay be different in the models. But i was wondering if anyone else knew some more info on this. Becuase if i bought the unit i'm wondering if a good installer could change the harness or install the unit.

H2CominThru
09-30-2003, 05:27 PM
i checked out the new 04's with the nav at my local dealer.. i asked them if the nav could be installed in the 03 hummer..they siad the wiring harness was different..i also called delphi and they said the computermay be different in the models. But i was wondering if anyone else knew some more info on this. Becuase if i bought the unit i'm wondering if a good installer could change the harness or install the unit.

Detonate
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm still wondering the same thing. I was told by my dealer that the radio is tied in with OnStar and coded to the vehicle's VIN. So I'm not sure what kind of challenge that would provide.

If you find anything out, please let us know.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

H2CominThru
09-30-2003, 11:38 PM
well i did talk to a dealer today and they said that they can reprogram the radio to any car so thats not a problem...they also said the nav unit is compatible with the onstar and bose system if you have it...i suppose the only challenege would be the price of the unit and how hard it would be to change the harness...but if anyone else knows about this please help us out

3D Guy
10-01-2003, 03:51 AM
My dealer told me that it was a direct swap" Plug and play"
Who do you believe ????? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

.................................................. ........
That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong......... NOT!!

3D Guy A.K.A. Brian Mundy

03, H2 Yellow, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, 3rd Row. Brush Gaurd and 30gb iPod

Klaus
10-01-2003, 10:58 AM
I called my dealer yesterday. The Area Rep was at the dealer last week, and was asked about upgrading the '03 with the '04 NAV system.

The Area Rep said that the wiring system is completely different, and they have NO plans to do the retrofits.

Aftermarket time...

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."