PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Custom Installer in Dallas area

SWWESQ
02-28-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm looking for a good custom installer in the Dallas area to install a new stereo/video/navigation setup in my H2. If anyone knows of someone or a good shop they could recommend, please email me swwesq@attbi.com.

Thanks,
Steve

SWWESQ
02-28-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm looking for a good custom installer in the Dallas area to install a new stereo/video/navigation setup in my H2. If anyone knows of someone or a good shop they could recommend, please email me swwesq@attbi.com.

Thanks,
Steve

Detonate
02-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Have you tried CarToys?

I haven't personally been there before. But everyone I've talked to has been 100% satisfied with them.

That's probably where I'll go when I'm ready to update my stock system.

-Jim

SWWESQ
02-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Thanks, I have checked with car toys, but like most other chain type stores, they seem to have young installers with questionable experience.

NVR STUCK
02-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Looks can be deceiving. I had a local shop install my car alarm/remote starter. The kid installing it has long hair and always wears a tightfitting knit hat. He has a couple body piercings too. But, in talking to him, it turns out he is a year away from his degree in classical music. He simply ran out of money to finish his degree. The local college is about $20G a year. Thing is, he is a wizard at installs. He was able to figure out a way to allow me to use two distinct remotes on a viper car alarm system. I have retained my factory driver #1 and driver #2 settings when using the viper remotes. Everyone said it could not be done. It took some work and a few extra parts, but it works great. Take the time to talk to some of the installers. You might be surprised at what you find out.

SWWESQ
02-28-2003, 02:59 AM
I agree that looks can be decieving. So, if anyknow can recommend either a private installer or a store that does good work in the dallas area, let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

valkolton
03-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Go to JW Customs in Irving, they do all the Dallas Cowboy's and pro athletes cars. It is one of the biggest custom shops and wheels shops in the US!!! Wish I still lived in dallas to go visit them, they always have cool toys and famous people hanging out there!!!

SWWESQ
03-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Yes I plan on stopping by JW Customs. I hear they do good work, but are way way overpriced.

Steve

LPEH2
03-03-2003, 05:56 PM
21st Century Musclecars does high end installs in the Dallas area too. They did my video camera system and have done other audio work through their audio/video store on Greenville Ave. known as The Car Stereo Store. Give the owner, John Page a call at 972-417-7177.

www.21stcenturymusclecars.com (http://www.21stcenturymusclecars.com)

SWWESQ
03-04-2003, 02:12 AM
Thanks, I will give them a try!

valkolton
03-04-2003, 05:47 AM
Most of the people at JW will try to overcharge you, but the owner is a real bargain type of guy. He gave me my wheels for 1000 less than the sales guy would, they wouldnt bargain at all...

Val

HUMMERDOGG
03-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Try this place:

http://www.jrscustomauto.com/home.html

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

valkolton
03-06-2003, 12:10 PM
JRs, JRs, thats what I meant http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Val

La Jolla CA - Formerly Dallas Texas

2003 Orange H2, Viper Responder Alarm, Audiobahn Sound, 325/65R20 M/T tires on order from Toyo, 20" Monsta Wheels, Rosen Video