PDA

View Full Version : A/C

DIANE
12-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Is anyone out there experiencing any problems with their a/c? It seems that sometimes when I turn on the air, the compressor is not kicking in. The air comes out warm and does not cool. Sometimes I have to shut off the air and restart it several times before it begins to cool (and yes, I am giving it ample time to cool before I do this).It goes to the dealer in Jan. so I will have it checked out then but I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. 4000 miles and the problem just started.

DIANE
12-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Is anyone out there experiencing any problems with their a/c? It seems that sometimes when I turn on the air, the compressor is not kicking in. The air comes out warm and does not cool. Sometimes I have to shut off the air and restart it several times before it begins to cool (and yes, I am giving it ample time to cool before I do this).It goes to the dealer in Jan. so I will have it checked out then but I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. 4000 miles and the problem just started.

1 bad h2
12-08-2002, 10:50 PM
try yousing your recycle button that will help.

DIANE
12-08-2002, 10:54 PM
I did, but it still did not cool until I shut it off and restarted it (sometimes more than once). My husband stated that it also happened to him.

Texas Red
12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Remember, if you see the little snowflake thingy, it means your compressor is off not on.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

Steve R
12-09-2002, 01:31 AM
oh heck...just take it to the dealer and get resolution one way or another.

JCJ
12-09-2002, 11:16 AM
ANd waht could be the problem(s) if with recirc on the diesel fumes (of cars in front) still get into car?
The dealer said something about the "dampers" not shutting properly? What are those?
Any solutions, other than try to stay in front of smelly cars (and have windows closed) out there?