PDA

View Full Version : chrome hummer rims

h2fan
11-16-2002, 12:24 AM
was told by my dealer that the chrome hummer rim has not been made yet even though i paid for them seems they have contract problems with hummer anyone have any info?

h2fan
11-16-2002, 12:24 AM
was told by my dealer that the chrome hummer rim has not been made yet even though i paid for them seems they have contract problems with hummer anyone have any info?

1 bad h2
11-30-2002, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by h2fan:
was told by my dealer that the chrome hummer rim has not been made yet even though i paid for them seems they have contract problems with hummer anyone have any info?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CHECK OUT EBAY THERES A COUPLE OF GUYS WITH THE STOCK WHEEL IN CHROME.......HOPE THAT HELPS

h2fan
11-30-2002, 12:28 PM
i seen them on ebay did not want my rims chromed wanted to buy the 8 spoke chrome hummer rim there was a guy selling them and he still is trying to sell them but there is a problem between alcoa they make the rim and hummer it looks like the deal is dead between them the guy on ebay says he(the pt king) has them but he does not he has my money and i am on a wait list that will never happen so i will look for another rim but want to keep the stock size

11-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Are there any GENINUNE HUMMER polished rims out there or even for sale yet? All the ones I've seen look like chromed over versions of the stock rims. The polished rims in the Hummer accessories guide look different, and I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

h2fan
11-30-2002, 09:46 PM
there was a hummer 8 spoke rim from what i here they are not going to happen the guy on ebay says he has them but he does not so beware! i love that rim i am now looking at a rim called foose same size as original

TBarrow
12-09-2002, 02:59 PM
The factory accessorry wheel is a joint venture with ALCOA. The wheels according to GM were to be shipped on Dec 6. They have manufactured 2000 wheels and recieved final approval according to General Motors on Dec 4. The engineers were holding things up as they had the final blessing.

Dan
12-09-2002, 03:33 PM
I think these look great!
http://i.timeinc.net/popsci/images/bown/cars/hummer_273.jpg

NSXTC
12-09-2002, 03:46 PM
I heard that chrome tends to flake and pit depending on off road use and salt.
Plus, down the road, you'll have sealing problems because the chrome will start to corrode where the bead is. This is where all the water sits.

I'm looking to get mine polished because of this reason.

==================
03 Metallic Red H2
02 Ducati 998R

[This message was edited by NSXTC on December 09, 2002 at 09:58 AM.]

h2fan
12-09-2002, 07:20 PM
i am on that early wait list for the hummer 8 spoke rim they said they began shipping on dec 1 so we will see /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TBarrow
12-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Those are the famous wheels in the above picture and after my last posting I made some calls. The wheels that were supposed to be shipped on Dec 6. have not shipped yet. According to AM General an agreement has not been finalized and may not be. They are not releasing any dates at this time. Sorry for any inconvienences. Chrome plated Alluminum wheels do not rust. The problem with chrome plated wheels is the quality of preperation prior to plating, or improper maintenance and cleaning.

Black H2 Houston

HUMMERDOGG
12-09-2002, 11:16 PM
TBarrow-

What dealership in Houston did you buy your H2 at?

-HummerDogg

TBarrow
12-12-2002, 01:06 PM
I just found out this information and thought all would want to know.
I was called yesterday and told that my wheels shipped at the beginning of the week.

Mr Barrow-

Received a phone message I believe from you. FYI the Hummer dealerships are carrying the wheels now, but only the top 50 dealers around the country. The others are constrained from carrying them for the moment because of licensing and marketing agreements. I'm working on getting a list of dealerships carrying them and will let you know if I get further info.

Thanks,

Mike

Alcoa Accessory Products

TBarrow
12-17-2002, 01:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone has received theres yet??

h2fan
12-17-2002, 06:21 AM
HAD A TALK WITH GM RESTARATION THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SHIP THEM THEY SAID I SHOULD HAVE THEM BUY FRIDAY OR MONDAY

BreathlessPerformance.com
12-19-2002, 01:05 PM
We have recieved 2 sets in the last week. Look real nice. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Thank You, Ernie

h2fan
12-19-2002, 06:32 PM
just got my hummer 8 spoke rim /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif it took awhile but they are nice. post some pics soon

NSXTC
12-19-2002, 06:59 PM
What did you pay for your 8-spoke chrome? And where?

12-20-2002, 01:14 PM
We expect to have another couple of sets of the 8 spoke rims in the next couple of days if anyone in interested. We even have a set that was mounted for display for a better price.

We will also have a few sets of factory early style rims that are chromed in 2 weeks.

Call us for more info:

Thank You, Ernie
954-925-7725

TBarrow
12-20-2002, 07:36 PM
I spoke with denver at www.theptking.com (http://www.theptking.com) He sells these for $1550 a set of 4. My dealer in Houston wants $720 a wheel.