PDA

View Full Version : 12V with ignition is ON

Flubbie
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I need 12V when the ignition is on. I think I cannot use the sigaret lighter because this is always 12V.

Were would I be able to find a cable that is providing me 12V and turing it off when the ignition is off?

Regards

Flubbie
Hi,

I need 12V when the ignition is on. I think I cannot use the sigaret lighter because this is always 12V.

Were would I be able to find a cable that is providing me 12V and turing it off when the ignition is off?

Regards

Flubbie
Hi,

Regards

Flubbie
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Thx guys.
The SEO ACCY fuse. Is this one located near the steering wheel?

Flubbie
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
So I can just connect a wire to this fuse.
Do you know which side the + is so that I still have the protection of the fuse?

Flubbie
01-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks,

Looks realy great. I hope I can find this here in Europe.

If I need also only +12V that is contious ON should I then take it from a sigaret lighter or is there also a special circuit.

HummMe
01-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know of a power source that stays on until the the doors are opened? It seems the BCM shuts the ground off to the accessory when the truck is shut off and the doors are open.Or is there an easy place to steal an accessory ground that I can wire to a relay? Reason being is my xm shuts down once the vehicle shuts off and I cant continue to listen. Thanks.

HummMe
01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
ttt- anyone?

Hummie2
01-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Here is a description of the Retained Accessory Power, it might help:

The class 2 modules receive the power mode message from the body control module (BCM) over the serial data circuits, indicating when the RAP power mode is current. The BCM monitors the ignition switch position, battery condition and passenger compartment doors status to determine whether RAP should be initiated. The modules then support the operation of the systems under their control as required by their RAP power mode operation.

RAP will end when one of the following conditions is met:

The BCM receives an input indicating the opening of any compartment door.
The BCM internal timer for the RAP expires after approximately 10 minutes.
The BCM detects a decrease in battery capacity below a prescribed limit.
The BCM then sends a serial data power mode message Off-Awake ending the RAP function.

The class 2 RAP functions are:

The power windows
The power mirrors
The radio
The power seats
The vehicle communication interface module (VCIM)
Relay Control of Retained Accessory Power (RAP)
The sunroof is controlled through the RAP relay. The body control module (BCM) keeps the RAP relay energized during all power modes, except Off-Awake. The RAP relay provides power for sunroof operation