PDA

View Full Version : Picking up your new Hummer.

MAC
11-29-2002, 04:30 PM
For our friends who will be picking up their brand new Hummers, remember to do your homework prior to your trip to the business manager’s office, they used to be called “Finance managers”. This is where you handle the payment, financing, warranty and contracts, this is an important profit machine for the dealership, beware. One of my in-laws used to own 6 auto dealerships. There are loan rates, extended warranties, service contract, undercoating, paint seal, seat coating, big money/profit at stake. Know your rates and prices before you walk into that office, know what you want or don’t want and be firm to say “NO” repeatedly, which is not easy, and I do mean "repeatedly". A good business manager is highly skilled in confusing you with lots of numbers, details and in selling things you absolutely knew you don’t want. Everyone knows buying auto and dealing with the salesperson or the “Closer” is hard and generally on high-alert, but often their guard is on vacation when picking up the vehicle, you would do whatever needed to pick up the new auto. YES, Virginia, your can BARGAIN very hard here.
Of course, you needed to make sure your credit is good enough to enable you to drive out with the new Hummer. What’s worst than having him/her telling you that they can’t get you a loan, when your new Hummer is only feet away? http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/MiscSheDev.gif

MAC
11-29-2002, 04:30 PM
For our friends who will be picking up their brand new Hummers, remember to do your homework prior to your trip to the business manager’s office, they used to be called “Finance managers”. This is where you handle the payment, financing, warranty and contracts, this is an important profit machine for the dealership, beware. One of my in-laws used to own 6 auto dealerships. There are loan rates, extended warranties, service contract, undercoating, paint seal, seat coating, big money/profit at stake. Know your rates and prices before you walk into that office, know what you want or don’t want and be firm to say “NO” repeatedly, which is not easy, and I do mean "repeatedly". A good business manager is highly skilled in confusing you with lots of numbers, details and in selling things you absolutely knew you don’t want. Everyone knows buying auto and dealing with the salesperson or the “Closer” is hard and generally on high-alert, but often their guard is on vacation when picking up the vehicle, you would do whatever needed to pick up the new auto. YES, Virginia, your can BARGAIN very hard here.
Of course, you needed to make sure your credit is good enough to enable you to drive out with the new Hummer. What’s worst than having him/her telling you that they can’t get you a loan, when your new Hummer is only feet away? http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/MiscSheDev.gif

h2fan
11-29-2002, 04:52 PM
points well taken thanks mac i will be going thru with this on monday so i have a question about the extended warrenty looking for 5yrs as many miles as i can do i get this from the dealer or go else were

H2Jim
11-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Tell the dealer you want the GM employee price on the extended warranty. I got the 60 month/60,000 mile $200 deductible for $1,840.00. His starting quote was $3,400 (that may have been for the $0 deductable)with a $225.00 discount!

Tell them that you are going to buy the GMPP from someone, and you are going to have the work done there, so they might as well be the one to sell the warranty to you. Any dealer in the country can sell you the same warranty.

Good luck!

h2fan
11-30-2002, 09:40 PM
can i get that gm employe discount that seems like a good price hate to get it someware else then have to deal with the third party thing /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

MAC
11-30-2002, 09:50 PM
72K/72 months $100 deductable. $2200. CNA from dealer.

Dunkster
12-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Just wanted to thank you Mac for all the good info you have given us here. I am really close to purchasing and can't wait to have my own hummer.

P.S. you know you have to watch how you say that in a office.

I was talking to a lady and said I Want a hummer. 3 people heard me say it and snapped there heads. Took me a minute to figure out why.

-------------
Dunkster

JJ
12-05-2002, 02:13 AM
I also would like to express my thanks to MAC and the others who have posted highly valuable information (and information that wasn't highly valuable but entertaining none the less). I will be picking up my H2 next week.
Thanks to all.... And of course, thanks to Jason.

JJ