PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about DRL lamps...

OrangeCrush
11-05-2005, 11:55 PM
I changed the 3157 bulbs with the PIAA 3157's.
I noticed the bulb had two filaments. If the bulbs are DRL's, what's the need for the second filament?

I did the relay jump so they come on with the headlamps and act as DRL's during the day...

Anyone?

Mark

OrangeCrush
11-05-2005, 11:55 PM
I changed the 3157 bulbs with the PIAA 3157's.
I noticed the bulb had two filaments. If the bulbs are DRL's, what's the need for the second filament?

I did the relay jump so they come on with the headlamps and act as DRL's during the day...

Anyone?

Mark

CslRkH2
11-06-2005, 12:26 AM
PhilD wrote something about this. Do a search on Silverstar.

OrangeCrush
11-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks Cs,

I did a search but must have missed it. I'll try it again.

Mark

Dewi2005
11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
Thanks Cs,

I did a search but must have missed it. I'll try it again.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mark,

Here is the information from a ways back..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a GM thing....not well thought out!

They just used what was simple, the other filamemt is just for looks! :-)

I replaced my fixtures with an 03 Lincoln Navigator fog light to have nice bright lights at night, and not those wimpy, waste of space, DRL's. Who needs DRL's on a HUMMER...like people can't see you coming?

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG/MHC/OTHC
Hum2@cox.net
http://www.OMAHOG.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OrangeCrush
11-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Funny thing is, I read that post and missed that part...

Thanks, after 4 pages of searches, I was giving up.

Mark

kodiakz
11-06-2005, 02:13 AM
I found some cool fogs at Pep boys that had angel eyes like bmw's do and used those for drl's and then converted the regualr bulbs to HID's. Came out pretty nice.

Hum2
11-07-2005, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dewi2005 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for covering for me Dewi2005

I was out off-roading over the weekend!

Ric