PDA

View Full Version : well @#$%

Hummertime
11-15-2003, 04:40 AM
8900 miles and driver side power seat just quit! hour and half to dealer...anybody know bout this?

Bone stock but dreamin!

Hummertime
11-15-2003, 04:40 AM
8900 miles and driver side power seat just quit! hour and half to dealer...anybody know bout this?

Bone stock but dreamin!

HUMMERDOGG
11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
Same thing happened to my brother's QX4 earlier this summer when he was down. One of the plugs had come lose underneath the seat. If you haven't done this, make sure there are no loose connections...

ZeroTolerance
11-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Maybe you drove it HD and broke it.....hahaha What no Self Control....

Chinese buffet guy: HD you be here 4 hours eat whole buffet, you go you go....... hahahha

HUMMERDOGG
11-15-2003, 05:40 AM
Yeah, my self control is me not kicking that guy's dumb ass... I would love to see that he lives in Houston... Ahhh, just the thought of a nice ass whooping makes my heart flutter and my pulse quicken.... ever so slightly mind you since he is just a lawyer and all...

ZeroTolerance
11-15-2003, 05:41 AM
Hey no prob, I will defend you man... I take care of my fellow H2 owners......

Hummer Man
11-15-2003, 09:43 AM
You probably did some MODS that knocked the fuse loose!

Hummer Man
11-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Check the plug / connector - under seat left rear!

H2 Daddy
11-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Also check your fuses.

MAC
11-15-2003, 04:03 PM
How does a seat "QUIT"? Please be specific. A seat does not quit, it may be forgetful which is common in almost all electric/memory car seats, especially German and English cars. If that is what you mean, then my driver seat does that every 3-4 months. No big deal. PARK. At DIC, push the top button on lower right steering wheel column. DIC says DRIVER 1, then SEAT MEMORY. Set your driver seat position, push button 1 for few seconds until it beeps. Do the same thing a few months later.

If it just went DEAD, then a simple fuse or connector problem could be it.

Of course, you can get really angry about this, jump up and down and demand an apology, instant repair or replacement of seat, but that wouldn't help much. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hummertime
11-15-2003, 10:07 PM
good fuse...plug ok under seat...damn i guess its off to the dealer. thanks anyway guys!

Bone stock but dreamin!

RIC-H0
11-21-2003, 03:09 AM
I have has lots of minor problems with the driver seat memory.
It begins to drive in the forward direction, but never makes it to the origanal position.After I reprogam it, it'll last for about a day or two.
I have taken it to the dealership twice. The 1st time they changed out the module, second time the reset something(Can't remember exactly what it was).
A few days later, it sure enough would not go back to the set position.
Is it possible to have a defective drive motor in the forward position?
Am I getting taller and shorter in 3-4 day intervals?
Help! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

MAC
11-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Fortunately for me, my seat memory loss happens once every few months, I just accepted it and live with it. Takes seconds to reprogram it. I think it used to happen in shorter period, not sure. But if it happens every few days as you reported, that would be very annoying and must be fixed by the dealer, you just have to take it back to the dealer again and again until they get it right. Since it moves, I doubt it is the motor, usually it is the computer chip or program.

14 months 20,000 miles. Hummer drives better and better.

Doug
11-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Same thing happened to me. No driver seat adjustments and no seat heat on both sides. Dealer told me it was a bad connection inside the door panel ????

Doug
2003 Metalic Red H2
Adventure Series. w/navigation/Sat Radio/Winch

Bayou H2
11-22-2003, 05:35 AM
I am having issues with my driver’s seat as well. My seat quit adjusting to allow for easy exit today. The seat back still reclines but the seat bottom no longer goes down. Does anyone know the repair for this problem? Thanks.

'03 White H2 Lux Package

MAC
11-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Bayou, Hummer dealer is the only right place to go and it is FREE. People here are nice and friendly, but information even correct is often not useful. I am interested to know did any dealer fix this seat memory problem for good for anyone here? the problem is common. My dealer is only 3 miles away, nice and friendly and got everything done on time, but I don't know why I just haven't talk to them about this issue in my 4-5 oil change and lub services. For some reason, I don't think they have a fix for it. My thinking does not make sense.

At least I know my heated seats are working, I used the driver seat heating for the first time this week, after 14 months. We didn't use the function on several ski trips, just didn't need it and never thought about it. I will try to remember using them on next week's ski trip.

Centerfire
11-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Short answer "Yes".. My usually windy answer: I took my H2 in for a leaky oil pan, driver mirror would not move in or out and I casually mentioned that I believed the drivers seat didn't stay in the correct postion. I picked up the next day and they had replaced the oil pan. drivers mirror and Drivers memory thingee for the seat.. that has been 2 months and no further problems. Hope that helps.

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Bayou, Hummer dealer is the only right place to go and it is FREE. People here are nice and friendly, but information even correct is often not useful. I am interested to know did any dealer fix this seat memory problem for good for anyone here? the problem is common. My dealer is only 3 miles away, nice and friendly and got everything done on time, but I don't know why I just haven't talk to them about this issue in my 4-5 oil change and lub services. For some reason, I don't think they have a fix for it. My thinking does not make sense.

At least I know my heated seats are working, I used the driver seat heating for the first time this week, after 14 months. We didn't use the function on several ski trips, just didn't need it and never thought about it. I will try to remember using them on next week's ski trip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bayou H2
11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info.....Off to the dealer I go.

'03 White H2 Lux Package

RIC-H0
11-23-2003, 04:22 AM
I'll try the dealer again, and again till they get it right!
Maybe, I'll just get me a bucket to sit on, atleast I know it'll be in the same position every time!! Ha Ha! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

argonaut
11-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Mac, my heated seats are awesome around here, I use them all the time because I am freezing otherwise in my truck. Damn cold fronts...

Frank Hewitt
11-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Sounds like the less likely you are to ever use you H2 for what it was built for, the more likely your seats will lose their memory. I just can't figure out why Mac's don't lose their memory daily, rather than monthly? Must be a lame-o blather-boy feature built in. LOL mac.

gasman

MAC
11-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Dear Hot Gas, ever been to a ski resort? you know where you see the most Hummers? H1s and H2s? Tahoe! We are everywhere. Do you know how often we have to wave back to other 4x4s, especially Jeeps and Rovers, they are the most friendly ones toward Hummers, my arm gets tired from waving like the Queen of England. Ever casually drove out of deep snow while others look with envy? Then you know what is a Hummer made for. Some like to go around and around in dirt or mud and drink beer with dirty men, some men like men, fine with me, that is not my biz, I like snow and I like wine and I like women. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

unaslob
11-23-2003, 08:32 PM
my easy exit function hauled off and stopped working as well.. i cant understand why it did that, i tried reprograming the seat, nothing.
the function is clearly on, just not working?

HOW DO YOU RESET THE COMPUTER IN THE h2???
it might reset to the factory settings.

Other thing i find annoying, is that what determines the seat memory and the truck setup. I took me awhile to figure out that it was the remote locker, NOT the key.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

MAC
11-23-2003, 08:48 PM
This is my No. 2,500th post. If none others are Hummer related, at least this one is.

Frankly I am quite confused about the settings, but I think:
1- It is the FOB not the key. The key is just a key, no memory nor nothing.
2- Seat stays in last driver's position(1 or 2), unless when it forgets and tries to kill me like the Starwar garbage disposal.
3- To reset, you cannot do it any time just by pushing and stay at #1 or #2 button until it beeps twice.
4- To reset, in my Hummer.
a- In PARK. Push PERSONALIZATION button on steering wheel, lower righ side column.
b- SEAT POSITION RECALL show at DIC on dash. DRIVER 1 on DIC.
c- Move your seat to correct position.
d- Push #1 button on door, stay until it beeps twice. DONE.
e- Pull out key, move your seat to desired EXIT position.
f- Push EXIT button on door until it beeps twice. DONE.

That works for me every time, until it forgets a few months later.

AUBURN H2
11-24-2003, 12:13 AM
I have had the same problem with 2 different H2's. In both instances I was able to pull the fuse for the seat, reinstall it and the seat returned to normal operation. I do not remember which fuse it was but you can find it listed in the owners manual.

Good Luck!