PDA

View Full Version : H2 Power Outlets Question...

FUIndustries
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I just tapped two additional power points off the back seat outlets to put in the center console to hide power adapters for an iPod and an XM MyFi. When I tested them they both had power...then I connected both to the adapters and neither has worked since. Neither set of wires to the rear outlets has power, yet the rear stereo controls, seat warmers, and front accessory outlets work. I checked the AUX PWR 2 fuse and it is fine; I replaced it just to be sure. I checked the main orange power wire back into the connector next to the shifter and there is no power to that point either (the secondary orange wire that leads to the rear stereo has power). Anyone have any experience along these lines, or know of a secondary fuse or something? If not I guess I will be driving around with a dismantled H2 for a while. Thanks in advance.
CP

FUIndustries
I just tapped two additional power points off the back seat outlets to put in the center console to hide power adapters for an iPod and an XM MyFi. When I tested them they both had power...then I connected both to the adapters and neither has worked since. Neither set of wires to the rear outlets has power, yet the rear stereo controls, seat warmers, and front accessory outlets work. I checked the AUX PWR 2 fuse and it is fine; I replaced it just to be sure. I checked the main orange power wire back into the connector next to the shifter and there is no power to that point either (the secondary orange wire that leads to the rear stereo has power). Anyone have any experience along these lines, or know of a secondary fuse or something? If not I guess I will be driving around with a dismantled H2 for a while. Thanks in advance.
CP

FUIndustries
CP

Hummie2
01-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Do you have power to the AUX PWR 2 FUSE? Check it with a volt meter if its dead check the LBEC2 fuse in the underhood fuse box feeds AUX PWR 2.

Hummie2
01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Here is the schematic.

FUIndustries
01-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Hummie 2,
Thanks for the response. The AUX PWR 2 fuse is intact and appears to be fine. When I check power on that fuse with my volt meter it gives me no reading. I alos get no reading on any of the fuses with them in or removed (directly measuring fr0m the leads into the fusebox). At the same time I do get a reading of 12-14 V on the Front Console Accessory outlets and on the Rear Accessory outlet. I check the LBEC2 fuse and it looks to be intact as well...but I get the same no voltage reading on it. I have checked all of the above with the power on, accessory on, and the car started. Everything in the vehicle is working except for the two rear seat accessory outlets. I will continue to check the diagram you provided to see what I am missing. Thanks again if you have any further insight.
CP

FUIndustries
01-12-2005, 12:31 AM
OK...it looks like the power outlets in the back seat are powered off the AUX PWR fuse under the hood...not the AUX PWR 2 fuse as it had seemed in my manual and elsewhere. At least that one is blown. Big dummie am I. Thanks.