PDA

View Full Version : The Hummer Crew

oneworld
04-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks to all you guys, 4churchill, H3 builder, Killian, Hummer LV and the rest of you. Great information, and alot of fun to be part of this comunity, Just wanted to say thank you. Cant wait to get rolling in my H3. Seems the buzz and hype are all good.

oneworld
04-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks to all you guys, 4churchill, H3 builder, Killian, Hummer LV and the rest of you. Great information, and alot of fun to be part of this comunity, Just wanted to say thank you. Cant wait to get rolling in my H3. Seems the buzz and hype are all good.

XM DUDE
04-24-2005, 02:11 AM
All the things I've heard about it are good even the fit and finish are good, it seems that GM really needs to make this work as they are bleeding cash badly.

H3 Builder
04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
GM is looking at this ( H3 ) to help the company bottom line. We, at the plant, have put in alot of time and effort into building the best we can. And Hummer is commited to help produce the best. Should be a winning combo.

killian
04-24-2005, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Builder:
GM is looking at this ( H3 ) to help the company bottom line. We, at the plant, have put in alot of time and effort into building the best we can. And Hummer is commited to help produce the best. Should be a winning combo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so, I have 8 Chevrolets and just about every single one of them has problems that I would consider to be manufacturer defects and workmanship flaws.

I've heard that the H3 is supposed to be such an important vehicle to GM that they're seriously watching quality control. When my H3 arrives, I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb. If I see any of the same signs that I see with my other GM vehicles, I'll not take delivery.

XM DUDE
04-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I was considering a 4 Runner for quality, but I like the H3 and I really hope the quality is there as I want the Baby Hummer to be a sucess as Toyoita are known for quality, but The Hummer looks and most likely offroads better.
My guess is like the Corvette GM is putting more effert into the Hummer line and mostly the H3 as it will be a big seller. I think it will be a replacement for my Jeep Cherokee as I love the boxy lines so much.

firm
04-24-2005, 04:08 PM
I was going to buy a 4 runner also, but found out about the H3 about 2 months ago and I am hooked. I went to the dealer friday to put an order in. The guy there had no clue. I had to print off the price list for him. I had to push him to sell one to me. (wierd)First he said come back in June, then after telling him I wanted to order one he told me to come back on monday.

XM DUDE
04-24-2005, 04:47 PM
I myself can't wait to be in a position to buy one, as I want to pay off the house first, but I really am hooked on this little beast and I want one!

usetosellhummer
04-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Sat in the pre-production H3 at the New Mexico International Auto Show (don't laugh it's big for us) I fit in it much better then the toyaota or nissian and im 6'1 300 lbs. It looks great and I belive it does look like HUMMER. The product specilist at the show said he will be in south bend next month to drive them on the couse i did as a sales rep. The GM ara rep. is picking one up next week to drive back to Thousand Oaks. If this happens he said he would drop by so I could drive it. I can only hope..

oneworld
04-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Originaly I was all set up in the new Jeep grand chrokee with the hemi, and then I chanced the NYC auto show and saw the H3, that was a sunday, the following monday I called my jeep dealer and gracefuly backed out, he asked why I told him I gotta have the H3 > he didnt even know that hummer was releasing the H3, his dealership also sells GMC

HoKC
04-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Remarkably uninformed about his competition for a dealer and a GMC dealer at that.

H3 Builder
04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I found this that might be of intrest:

4 GM VEHICLES NOMINATED FOR INTERIOR OF THE YEAR AWARDS .... The Buick Terraza, Cadillac STS, Chevy Equinox and HUMMER H3 are among the vehicles nominated for an Interior of the Year award, part of the 12th annual Auto Interiors Show being held May 18-19 at Cobo Center in Detroit. Nominees were selected by the editors of Ward's Auto World magazine, based on overall styling, functionality, quality, fit and finish, convenience and special features, and will be voted on by members of the North American automotive news media as well as the industry at-large. The winners will be announced May 18

usetosellhummer
04-29-2005, 06:21 PM
The seats were really nice and the stiching looked great. I prefer the cloth on the H3 over leather.

mstams
04-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I was definitely impressed by the quality of the interior (cloth) of the one I saw at Windrock. I've owned both an H1 and two H2's and thought the H3 interior looked more refined...