PDA

View Full Version : 160 t-stat?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-07-2005, 05:41 AM
HI Gang
I have done a thread search and can not find anything on where to buy 160 degree stat.
I do not know if many are aware but the 05 stat does not come with the hose neck made on or at least mine does not. I found it out buy ordering (won't use name) from a well know performance co. a 160 stat for 2005 6.0L and I got stat made into the hose neck. I happily took it apart and it did not fit my 05.
They did not know why when I called. Well the new 05 takes a stat that is by itself with a
o-ring and You just reuse Your hose neck that came on engine.
Question does anyone know where to get a
160 stat with out the neck that is for 2005 H2? Local part stores are no help and I have tried Google search but can not get anything to come up. probably not wording search right. I have not tried dealer as I know how high it will be.
Your direction will be much appreciated!!
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
HI Gang
I have done a thread search and can not find anything on where to buy 160 degree stat.
I do not know if many are aware but the 05 stat does not come with the hose neck made on or at least mine does not. I found it out buy ordering (won't use name) from a well know performance co. a 160 stat for 2005 6.0L and I got stat made into the hose neck. I happily took it apart and it did not fit my 05.
They did not know why when I called. Well the new 05 takes a stat that is by itself with a
160 stat with out the neck that is for 2005 H2? Local part stores are no help and I have tried Google search but can not get anything to come up. probably not wording search right. I have not tried dealer as I know how high it will be.
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
HI Gang
Thanks
Rick

pools2do
01-07-2005, 06:14 AM
I had to get the 160 t-stat when I had my Whipple supercharger installed. The only place that the mechanic knew of was directly from Whipple. Check their website (whipple.com) to see if you can order it online. If not, just call them.

TBarrow
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
That sounds like they went back to the t-stats used in the 60's and 70's. If that is the case you can go to any auto parts and get one. I have the same water neck with o-ring on my 23 T-Bucket and 68' Camaro

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Parts stores said they cannot help. I've tried all local. I do not want to run rig with t-stat out as 1 store asked so I can show it. You talk about messing with the computer. You get to great a temp variation from front to back. So I'm hoping I can find a pro that knows. I'm thinking that 05 it is just to soon. I may have to go to dealer but I mentioned it to ser. guy and He was fairly sure they did not make a 160 degree for 6.0L. So I wait.

TAZ

LasVegas
01-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey TAZ ... Hypertech sells them http://www.hypertech.com/accessories.html

PARAGON
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Also Lingenfelter at http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfelter/product.asp?pf_id=621&dept_id=23

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks Guys I'm still waiting to hear from Whipple. I'll call these 2 monday.
Again thanks

TAZ

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks PARAGON I have a 160 t-stat on it's way from Lingenfelter. Shipping today.
Whipple never responded.
Hypertech said they will not offer one.

TAZ