PDA

View Full Version : License Plate

Bill Kervaski
12-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Why the <insert explicit verbage here> did HUMMER decide to only have a two screw License Plate mount? I don't know about you guys, but here in Alabama (Yee-Haw! And yes, we do have cable and big cities) the Department of Corrections mass produce our license plates. I got one that was bent and took it back down to the DMV and spent 30 minutes looking for one that was somewhat flat. There wasn't ANY flat license plates in the place. Usually, I would just screw all four bolts in and be done with it but NOOOOO, now I have a noisy, clanking eye sore.

Any suggestions?

F*ck it. I'm moving to a state that has flat license plates.

Bill

- Bill

Bill Kervaski
12-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Why the <insert explicit verbage here> did HUMMER decide to only have a two screw License Plate mount? I don't know about you guys, but here in Alabama (Yee-Haw! And yes, we do have cable and big cities) the Department of Corrections mass produce our license plates. I got one that was bent and took it back down to the DMV and spent 30 minutes looking for one that was somewhat flat. There wasn't ANY flat license plates in the place. Usually, I would just screw all four bolts in and be done with it but NOOOOO, now I have a noisy, clanking eye sore.

Any suggestions?

F*ck it. I'm moving to a state that has flat license plates.

Bill

- Bill

Kevin B
12-08-2002, 12:20 AM
Born and raised in California, and in my 24 years of driving I have never had a bent license plate.Our inmates must be of a higher caliber than those fine crafstman employed in your state.Maybe they tried to use them to jimmy the cell doors open prior to shipment?

Bill Kervaski
12-08-2002, 12:44 AM
On my way. Can I get a good place for less than $500K?

- Bill

Kevin B
12-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Bill I heard of a nice little fixer upper in Sanya Skidrow listing in the high 400s

Klaus
12-08-2002, 01:51 AM
Buy an aftermarket flat plate, or find someone to cut you a piece of sheet aluminum to size of your plate to use as a stiffener. Install this plate behind you license plate.

kelleymac2000
12-08-2002, 01:56 AM
I laughed so hard I fell off my chair...I think I'm better now!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Kervaski:
On my way. Can I get a good place for less than $500K?

- Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HeeHaw
12-08-2002, 08:18 PM
Try the hi desert where the price is only in the 200K range, BUT the commute is 350 miles one way. That'll put some miles on that Hummer fer ya............

As for the plate, screw it, GLUE it to the back window with LIQUID NAILS. Won't rattle then!

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bill Kervaski
12-08-2002, 10:13 PM
I got a friend of mine to make a steel square from quarter inch sheet metal. I used some kind of steel resin he gave me to glue the plate down. Worked great.

- Bill