PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my speedometer, help please

jose
08-25-2005, 08:04 PM
The speedometer sticking at 60, even when in parked and the engine off. When I turn the key to on ,the gauge reads 60,and once the hummer starts to go ,the speedo goes to 120.
i tried to disconnect battery for 10 minutes and then goes ok but after some minutes it goes bad again. the revolutions indicator starts at 5000 rev too.
After some kilometers itīs goes ok and goes bad again.
the computer indicates the correct speed when the gauge doesnīt work ok.
please help me because iīm in europe and the local dealer hasnīt no idea of repair it.
regards

jose
08-25-2005, 08:04 PM
The speedometer sticking at 60, even when in parked and the engine off. When I turn the key to on ,the gauge reads 60,and once the hummer starts to go ,the speedo goes to 120.
i tried to disconnect battery for 10 minutes and then goes ok but after some minutes it goes bad again. the revolutions indicator starts at 5000 rev too.
After some kilometers itīs goes ok and goes bad again.
the computer indicates the correct speed when the gauge doesnīt work ok.
please help me because iīm in europe and the local dealer hasnīt no idea of repair it.
regards

timgco
08-25-2005, 10:27 PM
happened on my 03. THe dealer will have to remove your guage cluster and send it in to be fixed.

DH22G
08-29-2005, 07:29 PM
i had a similar problem on my 03.. but mine was just a voodoo speedo.. it would bounce all over the place.. you could smack the dash and it would work and then not.. but they had they send it back... tim's right... send it back

4churchill
08-30-2005, 11:48 PM
I had mine stuck on 0 in my '03. Finally had the guage cluster replaced under warranty