PDA

View Full Version : Visor Mount Removal?

Spike
12-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the sunvisor mount next to the center console. Not the one the visor is connected to all the time, the one the visor hooks into to keep it in place. Thanks

P/S: To PhilD, I ran into a little snag, I sent you a PM, I am attempting to work this out one stumbling block at a time. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P/SS: To Patriot, your instructions for the elbow side of the visor were perfect. But when I lowered the headliner I didn't have enough clearance to get my hands in there to disconnect the roof light connector. The other mount for the visor needs to come off and then I think I can pull the headliner down far enough to get my hands in there to do what I have to do. If that's not enought I can take down the center ceiling console which should give me more than enough room.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

[This message was edited by Spike on 12-23-03 at 07:41 AM.]

Patriot
12-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Spike,

Try this:

http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/katana/649567.jpg

Spike
12-24-2003, 02:00 PM
To Patriot,
Thanks again for the instructions. Is this information coming from those pairs of service manuals that you can buy on ebay? If so I think it might have to get a set.

To PhilD,
I was waiting on the tip for removing this visor anchor. I beleive this was the only thing standing in my way. Only problem it raining right now in NJ. So I may have to "suspend operations" until Fri. I will post a notification to you and Patriot upon successful completion. Also I sent you a PM the other day.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Patriot
12-24-2003, 02:25 PM
Spike,

Yes, that's the ones.