PDA

View Full Version : Myron & Davis vs. Vizuallogic Screens

Michael James
12-18-2002, 06:36 PM
I am thinking about getting screens in the head rests for the back seat and a combination of screens in the visor (passenger side) and either a screen in the visor for the driver side or pop out unit like the Panasonic 7200 head unit.

How do these screens compare..quality/function wise? Thoughts on this whole idea?

7" screens in back head rests and upfront

Michael James
12-18-2002, 06:36 PM
I am thinking about getting screens in the head rests for the back seat and a combination of screens in the visor (passenger side) and either a screen in the visor for the driver side or pop out unit like the Panasonic 7200 head unit.

How do these screens compare..quality/function wise? Thoughts on this whole idea?

7" screens in back head rests and upfront

TonkaH2
12-18-2002, 08:38 PM
I think Kelly has the visor mount. I'm getting one up front too, but am looking into putting it where both driver and passenger can see it for GPS and map work. Please let me know what you find out.

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"
www.sunspotnatural.com (http://www.sunspotnatural.com)

TBarrow
12-19-2002, 04:39 AM
I have 2-7" screens mounted in my headrests by myron & davis. I also have their DVD mounted. I have no complaints.

NSXTC
12-20-2002, 03:13 AM
Is that 7" diagonal or horizontal? I didn't think there's room for a 7" horizontal in the head rest.

Tiger Bait
12-20-2002, 09:49 AM
go to their web site and see them for yourself

Happy Hummer
12-20-2002, 11:57 AM
Yesterday I ordered the 7" headrests with headphones, TV tuner and 10 disc DVD changer. I looked at almost all the set-ups for the H2 and I found that Myron & Davis' parent company is Johnson Controls. That means that they are THE manufacturer of the original headrest and then Myron & Davis installs the monitors. Another company SAVV has headrests but they dye the leather and it does not look exactly like OEM.

ROB

Michael James
12-20-2002, 04:52 PM
Rob,
Are the DVD changer and the rest all from Myron and Davis?

Happy Hummer
12-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Everything but the changer is Myron & Davis. The changer is a Alpine. Myron & Davis is coming out with a 8" headrest monitor in about 1 month. I just ordered the 7". An inch doesn't make that much of a difference with monitors /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

ROB

TBarrow
12-20-2002, 07:33 PM
I have the Myron & Davis headrests the advantage is that they are all leather where the factory are vinyl. The 7" is as big as you will want to go as you are rather close to the screen.The great thing about the M & D headrests are that they also tilt. You cannot mount the DVD under the back seat as you do not have enough room to lay the seats flat. You can use that huge spare and place it on the rear floor behind the spare. When you take the spare out to run your cables (buy great quality as you could get engine noise) put a 2x6 block of wood under the carpet to raise the tire a couple of inches so it does not sit on the edge of the DVD.