PDA

View Full Version : XM Sesor Location

H2Chuck
11-13-2004, 04:38 PM
After detailed discussions with Klaus .I had to go search where my XM signal was coming from ( I have an FM modulated thing on mine ).After running and tracing wiring I have located it under the ( and I stand corrected)fresh air boxes on either side of the windsheild.I am posting this here because ( I didnt install this ,this way BTW )someone had said something about another place to mount one and to avoid drilling holes.This sysytem seems to work fine ie. not cut outs etc.I am still going to do the GM XM upgrade tho as I dont like the seperate screen ,clutterd look inside the vehicle.. and Thanks again Klaus !

H2Chuck
After detailed discussions with Klaus .I had to go search where my XM signal was coming from ( I have an FM modulated thing on mine ).After running and tracing wiring I have located it under the ( and I stand corrected)fresh air boxes on either side of the windsheild.I am posting this here because ( I didnt install this ,this way BTW )someone had said something about another place to mount one and to avoid drilling holes.This sysytem seems to work fine ie. not cut outs etc.I am still going to do the GM XM upgrade tho as I dont like the seperate screen ,clutterd look inside the vehicle.. and Thanks again Klaus !

H2Chuck