PDA

View Full Version : Snow Plow

1stHummer
02-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Has anyone seen or had installed a snow plow onto their H2. After this weekend in NY (22 inches of snow on my driveway), this seems like a good idea (I know, I know...I could just drive over it...but my wife has a VW Passat). Any tips about the installation? Can the winch receiver acomodate it?

Roy.

1stHummer
02-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Has anyone seen or had installed a snow plow onto their H2. After this weekend in NY (22 inches of snow on my driveway), this seems like a good idea (I know, I know...I could just drive over it...but my wife has a VW Passat). Any tips about the installation? Can the winch receiver acomodate it?

Roy.

JayH
02-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Roy, I have a Western plow mounted on my H2. I had to design and build the mount myself because Western is to slow to respond. I plowed 6 inches in our area this weekend and the H2 performed flawlessly. We did not get buried like you , but have freezing rain for 5 hours prior to the snow. Your receiver hitch will hold a small alumn. consumer plow but not the hydralic commercial versions. These need to be frame mount to distribute the forces from the plow a-frame. The standard mount for the GM product will not work because they removed the front 6 inches from the H2's frame. It you want, I will post some pictures of the H2 with the plow attached. Jay

1stHummer
02-18-2003, 04:21 PM
JayH:

I would be very interested in your plow mount design (and pictures). Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.

Sorry about the typo above (accomodate) http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Roy.

JayH
02-18-2003, 04:33 PM
I am leaving to run out of town and will post some photos in the morning. I think it is safe to say the snow will still be there tomorrow! Jay

JayH
02-19-2003, 06:21 PM
As promised, but a little late, the snowplow pictures. Jay

JayH
02-19-2003, 06:22 PM
The mount.

JayH
02-19-2003, 06:32 PM
The control.

Mike97ZJ
02-20-2003, 09:17 PM
That is just TOO cool. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

You must really get some looks, I bet not too many people have seen a Hummer with a plow on it.

Actually, when you think about it, a Hummer would make a great plow vehicle. 3/4 ton frame and drivetrain, good engine power, 4wd, the rear locker and the traction control, big tires for good traction, and alot of weight.

JayH
02-21-2003, 01:05 PM
I actually had quite a few comments last week. That was the first time I plowed this year, even though I built the mount last October. Truck works great to plow with and as an added benefit my backup camera works great when plowing. Jay

Toms
06-01-2003, 01:20 AM
I am interested in a H2 that will support a snow plow. I currently have a Meyer Plow and wonder if anyone knows how I might get it to work, or better yet, someopne who would set it up

Boss Hoss Man
10-04-2003, 10:35 AM
I use the Western Ultramount with 8' blade. We used A Tahoe rack. had to slit the front valance as the ultramount mounts completely different from the unimount. the H-2 has no problem with the lift weight. I had called western asking about a plow and they said at this time they did not have one,But had no problem with the capability of my hummer to carry one.

DURAMAX TIM
10-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Where is the pic boss?