PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a Locker available for the REAR of the H2?

tomp
11-11-2005, 01:42 AM
Does the OEM electric Locker not lock up completely or what? What is the reason for the aftermarket "rear" lockers that are available?

tomp
11-11-2005, 01:42 AM
Does the OEM electric Locker not lock up completely or what? What is the reason for the aftermarket "rear" lockers that are available?

Beastmaster
11-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Yes, it locks completely. The OEM Eaton E-Locker in the rear will lock when activated, and act as a limited slip when not.

There's two primary advantages to a third party locker.

1) No electronic nanny. The stock locker keeps you within a certain performance spec. Some people don't like it.

2) Less to break. A Detroit NoSpin SoftLocker will do the same thing off road, and it's always on. No switches, no fumbling - just point and drive. If the electronic nanny decides to go belly up while you're in the middle of some inconvienient place, you're screwed. ARB's and other lockers are also just as trusted off road.

tomp
11-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Thx BM...

Do you know if there is an E-locker for the front or all of them air? Trying to avoid the compressor, but it would nice to have the ability to air up the tires.

aggiehummer...er
11-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Yes. The front suspension is pretty maxed out from the factory. Be very careful.

PARAGON
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp:
Does the OEM electric Locker not lock up completely or what? What is the reason for the aftermarket "rear" lockers that are available? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You are missing parts of your brain, aren't you?

VernB
11-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes you can buy a front locker. I bought my elect front locker from Eaton and had the Dealer install it. And yes I'd do it again. My H2 is like a tank.

buy the front locker at.
http://www.trailduty.com/