PDA

View Full Version : Water leak

SONA
08-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Has anyone ever experienced this or know the problem and solution?

The morning after a significant down pour and severe thunderstorm I noticed a small splash of water on the forward edge of the R Front doorframe, inside the cabin, Passenger door. If you dropped a string from the R front AC vent it is on the floor and curved part of the plastic there. I carefully inspected the door jam, rubber gasket, and window, all was dry. That is when I noticed a small drip of water, coming out of the lower part of the handle on the window shield frame, the handle where you can grab to assist yourself getting into and out of the truck. In VW Bugs we use to call them suicide handles or "Jesus" handles, the place you grabbed as the passenger when things got hairy - "Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus"....
Anyway, has anyone else seen this problem? It looks like the drip was coming out of the spot that the lower screw would insert, to hold the handle on. It was not a huge drip and the carpet was not wet, but it was enough for me to notice water inside the next day and see it drip when you grabbed the handle. Any thoughts?

"Life is tough... tougher if youre stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgement. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life"

SONA
08-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Has anyone ever experienced this or know the problem and solution?

The morning after a significant down pour and severe thunderstorm I noticed a small splash of water on the forward edge of the R Front doorframe, inside the cabin, Passenger door. If you dropped a string from the R front AC vent it is on the floor and curved part of the plastic there. I carefully inspected the door jam, rubber gasket, and window, all was dry. That is when I noticed a small drip of water, coming out of the lower part of the handle on the window shield frame, the handle where you can grab to assist yourself getting into and out of the truck. In VW Bugs we use to call them suicide handles or "Jesus" handles, the place you grabbed as the passenger when things got hairy - "Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus"....
Anyway, has anyone else seen this problem? It looks like the drip was coming out of the spot that the lower screw would insert, to hold the handle on. It was not a huge drip and the carpet was not wet, but it was enough for me to notice water inside the next day and see it drip when you grabbed the handle. Any thoughts?

"Life is tough... tougher if youre stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgement. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life"

BADRAP
08-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Take it back to dealer and have the drain tube on that side checked.. Think that sounds about right... Nice small drip and leak... Should be easy to fix...

Hummer Man
08-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Let me know whether or not you have a sunroof and I can tell you whether or not its a wiring harness grommet leak or a sunroof drain resevoir leak. Was your H2 parked on any angle other then flat?? front to back or side to side??

A
08-11-2003, 11:47 PM
I had the exact same problem along with many others I might add. I thought it was the wind shield leaking and dripping inside and down the handle over the dash,come to find out that the dealer in San Antonio Tx. has come across this problem before and had http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif a quick and permanent fix. They replaced a running lamp and gasket on the roof and I have seen no problems since.

DURAMAX TIM
08-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Sona,
We call them 'chicken grips', u have to be chicken to grab them.

hinten
08-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Went through the carwash the other day and it unplugged one of the running lights. When I drove I first thought something was wrong with the sealer around the windshield. I finally plugged the light right back in but I am wondering now if the light is still sealed or I'll have water rushing in.

Klaus
08-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Here's the link to the marker light TSB:

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=7136014471&r=4636014471#4636014471

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

WHITE BEAST
08-13-2003, 09:44 PM
I had water coming in on 2 ocassions:

1. From the sunroof - the drain line was kinked
2. From the rubber boot in the door - it had popped out.

Try these out.

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav, DVD, Tuner, 3 Screens, Cold Air Intake, Chip, Vented Snorkels, Metal Dash & Mats, SMA - Gas Cover, Air Vent Cover, Hood Handles, A/C Vent Rings