PDA

View Full Version : H3 Unveiling ... anyone interested?

Jason
05-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Gang,

I was contacted by a marketing firm today. They are unveiling the Hummer H3 and wanted some H2 Owners to participate in a focus group. It is in South Beach (FL) on Wednesday May 5th (yes, this Wednesday). I am signed up.

Further, I have contacted HUMMER and they verified that this marketing firm was legit and tied to Hummer.

Here is the email I received:

"I am currently working with GM and their advertising firm Modernista on the Hummer brand. We are currently in Miami Beach showcasing the new H3 Wed, May 5 at 8:00pm that will be launched 12-18 months from now. We are holding focus groups and looking to speak to four H2 owners in the Miami area for two hours on Wed. evening, May 5th at 8pm to get some feedback on the new H3. During this group we will take the H2 owners and let them see the car first hand. As a thank you for coming down to talk to us, we will be providing a $200 incentive for each participant for taking the time out to talk to us.

Just to be clear, this is a market research study that is intended to help us better understant on how to position this vehicle in he market place. There will be no obligation to consider purchasing the vehicle nor will anyone be contacted after the research."

They are looking for three (maybe four) more owners to join me. Let me know if you are interested. We could all go down together in one truck or via H2 caravan.

I have asked and we will NOT be allowed to take any photos whatsoever. I will however work on my photographic memory from now until Wednseday.

Again, let me know if you want in:
jrosoff@h2source.com
954-547-8237 phone

Regards,
Jason

Jason
Gang,

I was contacted by a marketing firm today. They are unveiling the Hummer H3 and wanted some H2 Owners to participate in a focus group. It is in South Beach (FL) on Wednesday May 5th (yes, this Wednesday). I am signed up.

Further, I have contacted HUMMER and they verified that this marketing firm was legit and tied to Hummer.

"I am currently working with GM and their advertising firm Modernista on the Hummer brand. We are currently in Miami Beach showcasing the new H3 Wed, May 5 at 8:00pm that will be launched 12-18 months from now. We are holding focus groups and looking to speak to four H2 owners in the Miami area for two hours on Wed. evening, May 5th at 8pm to get some feedback on the new H3. During this group we will take the H2 owners and let them see the car first hand. As a thank you for coming down to talk to us, we will be providing a $200 incentive for each participant for taking the time out to talk to us.

Just to be clear, this is a market research study that is intended to help us better understant on how to position this vehicle in he market place. There will be no obligation to consider purchasing the vehicle nor will anyone be contacted after the research."

They are looking for three (maybe four) more owners to join me. Let me know if you are interested. We could all go down together in one truck or via H2 caravan.

I have asked and we will NOT be allowed to take any photos whatsoever. I will however work on my photographic memory from now until Wednseday.

jrosoff@h2source.com
954-547-8237 phone

Regards,
Jason

Jason
Gang,

jrosoff@h2source.com
954-547-8237 phone

Regards,
Jason

H2Finally
05-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Jason, since no one in FL seemed to be interested, can you ask if they'll fly me in (in lieau of the $200 incentive)? I'm only in CA.. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jason
05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
H2F,

Just come on down. Don't you have any frequent flyer miles that you can use????

We have the following going:
- Jason
- Andy C
- Steve 2 (and his wife)

There is room for one, maybe two more.

Again, let me know.

Jason

Hum2
05-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Bummer.....I won't be in Miami Beach until May 23-29!!!

Ric

Andy C
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm Scottish - I would walk there for $200.

PARAGON
05-04-2004, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy C:
I'm Scottish - I would walk there for $200. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Will you do the Highland Fling for $200? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DRTYFN
05-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Focus group in Florida?!!! You guys can't even figure out how to vote!!! Besides, nobody down there really wheels anyway. Going over speed bumps doesn't cout.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
If they were really smart they bring in the big guns from CO, TX and Oregon.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Andy C
05-04-2004, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Focus group in Florida?!!! You guys can't even figure out how to vote!!! Besides, nobody down there really wheels anyway. Going over speed bumps doesn't cout.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
If they were really smart they bring in the big guns from CO, TX and Oregon.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They must have realised there was a Scotsman living down here

DRTYFN
05-04-2004, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy C:
They must have realised there was a Scotsman living down here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's their only saving grace.

H2Finally
05-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Well? Well??

DURAMAX TIM
05-06-2004, 10:41 AM
they're still recovering from the memory loss drugs, so the can't tell us what they look like anyway http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jason
05-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Guys/Gals,

I am working on a detailed write-up, trying to remember as much as possible (knew I should not have accepted those free drinks!!!)

It was pretty cool though.

I will post the write-up here, when it is complete.

Andy_C and Steve_2 - please send me your thoughts, highlights, etc. and I will add them in (jrosoff@h2source.com).

- Jason

Jason
05-06-2004, 01:30 PM
The Hummer H3 Spied in Miami (NO PHOTOS):

http://www.h3source.com/focusgroup.htm

Regards,
Jason

DURAMAX TIM
05-06-2004, 03:27 PM
So after the look/see does it resemble the photo on here?
Thanks for the write up.

Andy C
05-06-2004, 04:07 PM
I woke up this morning dumped at a roadside – my last memory was of a guy in sunglasses wearing a black suit saying “look into the flash sir”.

Luckily he only managed to erase the side of my memory that had been affected by the free gin they had plied me with.

The H3 – well it is definitely a Hummer – there is no mistaking that. I was kind of expecting a Jeep / Landover hybrid type thing but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. It will definitely stand out amongst the crowd.

The H3 certainly reminds you of the H2 – I had the image of the H2 sucking its cheeks in to look thinner and smaller without losing its main characteristics. A sort of H2 on a diet feel going on. It was difficult to truly gauge the size of the thing as it was the only vehicle in the garage so there was nothing else to compare it against.

It is lacking in the aggression department – definitely softened out and more subtle – but I get the feeling that is exactly what they want – it will certainly appeal to a larger audience – it is no urban assault vehicle – an image that I believe GM may be trying to move away from with this vehicle.

I’m not going to ramble on about the features – I think Jason has pretty much covered everything in his write up. I am going to agree with his thoughts on the interior – a very classy feel going on in there – the seats were particularly good looking (they did not have the memory feature – but I have never used mine anyway) – my only complaint being that it did feel a little cramped in there – but I am not a small fellow – at 6’4” and 235 lbs I have a tough time finding any vehicle that I don’t feel cramped in. I did not sit in the drivers seat so I cant comment on the feel that you would get behind the wheel – I couldn’t get in there as they had to surgically remove one of our party from that location.

The rear storage seemed to be pretty well thought out – there is a good sized storage bin (not lockable unfortunately) above the wheel arches and they have stashed the spare wheel change kit in a compartment fitted into the swinging door. The rear swinging door seemed to give acceptable access to the rear of the truck – it is also fitted with a hydraulic piston to slow it down a bit – handy for those windy moments that could cause it to fly open. The hinges on the door are pretty beefy – as they need to be – there is a lot of weight there with the door and spare wheel. They looked solid enough to take the beating that some hard trail riding would inflict upon the hinges – the reason that old Landrovers wound up carrying the spare on the hood was that the rear swinging door would eventually fall off due to the weight of the wheel stressing the hinges.

I did get a good look at the front end – there is a decent looking skid plate there – plain – no H3 logo.

They really need to get those plastic bits fitted more securely in the wheel rims – honestly I didn’t touch it – it just fell off – that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Overall it is a good looking vehicle – it will appeal to a larger audience as I said – it is not as intimidating as the H2 and looks as if it would be easier to handle in those extreme situations that we take them into every day – parking lots for example.

It is going to be interesting to see how and to whom GM are going to market this vehicle.

I have to agree with everyone who was there though – they are definitely on to a winner with this one.

Now if only I could remember what the gin memories were.

Spike
05-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Any word on what this thing is going to sell for?

Andy C
05-06-2004, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DURAMAX TIM:
So after the look/see does it resemble the photo on here?
Thanks for the write up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - thats the one - interestingly the one we looked at last night was originally yellow - it had been repainted pewter - all of the interior engine bay bodywork was H2 yellow.

alecs wife
05-06-2004, 11:34 PM
What type of suspension did GM implement in the rear? Were they coils or leaf springs?

Kevin W
05-07-2004, 11:21 AM
I called my dealership today and they told me that there are already 6 people on a waiting list for the new h3. He also said that they had seen the truck last month and it was still yellow. Thinking about ordering one for my wife and getting rid of her Grand Cherokee for it.

Kevin

RasterMaster
05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Jason,

Thanks for posting your trip results with us...wish I was there to see it!

JamesT
05-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Jason,

The important question is what did you spend your $200.00 bucks on? New wheels and tires? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HummerBaby78
05-15-2004, 08:57 AM
I have a question, is the H3 just as high as the H2? or is it like a mini H2? I cant tell from the pic on here. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

D2
10-21-2004, 03:43 PM
The H3 is not as High as the H2.............

"I want to Believe"

tower
05-19-2005, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerBaby78:
I have a question, is the H3 just as high as the H2? or is it like a mini H2? I cant tell from the pic on here. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it's clearly not as high as HummerBaby78 http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pinhead
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Are the H3's at the dealers yet????