PDA

View Full Version : Brushguard removal?

banshee13
03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Having black line-x done on the grill tomorrow.

Removing the brushguard appears to be simple 4 bolts on the tow hooks. There was a thread awhile back about someone having trouble aligning it when they put it back on (?).

Thanks

RubHer Yellow Ducky
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Banshee,

Let me know how the Line-X goes. My hands are crippled this week so haven't removed mine to line-x yet

Thanks

RYD

HummerNewbie
03-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Can't help with instructions but I do recall that there was a change after a few months of production on how it is mounted. As I recall, on earlier units you pretty much had to take the bumper off to install a brush guard due to the mounting of the tow hooks. They changed the mounting to ease the removal of them.

fourfourto
03-24-2006, 08:43 PM
If you have a torx head in the middle of outer bracket its new style.

If brushgaurd was put on at the dealer they probobly wouldnt have installed that back bolt. stick your hand back there and feel for it ?

RubHer Yellow Ducky
03-24-2006, 10:05 PM
No, I mean the removel of the grill. Let me know if you encounter any problems and the procedure in taking it off and putting it on

I have RA and sometimes my hands arn't quite right.

Thanks,

RYD

AZH3 
03-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by rubher yellow ducky:
sometimes my hands arn't quite right.

God that turned me on.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
03-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah, me two...

RYD

CampMaster 
03-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah, me two...

RYD

Don't ever pad on my forum. You are banned.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
03-25-2006, 12:30 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

CampMaster 
03-25-2006, 12:33 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

You are lucky the ban takes 24 hours to go into effect. You will soon be gone from this newly forming community in due time.

Sewie
03-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by CampMaster*:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rubher yellow ducky:
Yeah, me two...

RYD

Don't ever pad on my forum. You are banned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friday night, new AE. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PAD

Edd
03-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Brush Guard....is that french for panties? Ok.....it's Friday.

banshee13
03-25-2006, 03:45 AM
Pulled the brushguard- easy. I'll post some pics after the line- x tomorrow.

www.markmorganphotography.us (http://www.markmorganphotography.us)

RubHer Yellow Ducky
03-25-2006, 09:43 PM
NO I mean pulling and reinstalling after LINE-X the GRILL !!!

RYD